Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Electromagnetic waves via antenna questions

Started by IotaYodi, May 23, 2010, 11:37:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

IotaYodi

I know when an electric signal is transmitted from an antenna that the electric field and the magnetic fields alternate. A few questions I have is on the magnetic field part.
Does the magnetic field reverse polarity as it travels?

Does a pulsed dc generated signal do the exact same thing as Ac with the magnetic field?

Is the the oscillating frequency of the magnetic field itself responsible for the coupling to the receiving Antenna? 

Tried to search this but didnt find anything.
Frank
What I know I know!
Its what I don't know that's a problem!

the_big_m_in_ok

Quote from: IotaYodi on May 23, 2010, 11:37:41 AM
... Does the magnetic field reverse polarity as it travels? ...
It should.  That's how a transformer works.  AC coming out of the wall reverses electromagnetic polarity with each cycle of frequency.
Does a pulsed dc generated signal do the exact same thing as Ac with the magnetic field?
An unfiltered single diode-rectified signal would be a changing magnetic field going in one direction.  If you look at it on a oscilloscope, it's a series of rising and falling voltages from 0 to the line voltage.  Capacitor filtering this reduces the voltage changes to a ripple on the scope.
Is the the oscillating frequency of the magnetic field itself responsible for the coupling to the receiving Antenna?  ... Tried to search this but didnt find anything.
Well, all kinds of competing signals would be present on a long wire, which is why a radio or TV has channel selection electronics to filter out unwanted crosstalk signals.  (Doesn't always work, from personal experience.)
To answer your question:  It should be the radio waves impacting the antenna that causes voltage fluctuations.  So, do radio waves have a magnet field, as such, as part of its manifestation as they emanate from an antenna?  Does light?

I'd say, "No".  It takes the imposition of matter in the form of a wire or antenna to manifest a magnet field in a conductor.

--Lee
"Truth comes from wisdom and wisdom comes from experience."
--Valdemar Valerian from the Matrix book series

I'm merely a theoretical electronics engineer/technician for now, since I have no extra money for experimentation, but I was a professional electronics/computer technician in the past.
As a result, I have a lot of ideas, but no hard test results to back them up---for now.  That could change if I get a job locally in the Bay Area of California.

IotaYodi

QuoteI'd say, "No".  It takes the imposition of matter in the form of a wire or antenna to manifest a magnet field in a conductor.
My interest was in the free air as far as the magnetic field and its polarity goes. From your statements the polarity of the ac/dc signals do change in free air so that does answer the question. I was trying to visualize 2 identical signals in opposite directions colliding in air creating 2 vertical and horizontal planes intertwined so to speak. I guess it would just be scattered whether they were in phase or not.
http://www.astronomynotes.com/light/emanim.gif
Thanks Lee!!
Frank   
What I know I know!
Its what I don't know that's a problem!

the_big_m_in_ok

Quote from: IotaYodi on May 24, 2010, 05:37:12 PM
... I was trying to visualize 2 identical signals in opposite directions colliding in air creating 2 vertical and horizontal planes intertwined so to speak. I guess it would just be scattered whether they were in phase or not.
http://www.astronomynotes.com/light/emanim.gif
I envision two signals 180 deg out of phase to each other on the same conductor.  Is that what you meant?  Interesting graphic, though.

If so, it's something I have no experimental experience with.  The concept is a new one for me.
Thanks Lee!!
Frank   
Sure, you bet.  Glad to help.

--Lee
"Truth comes from wisdom and wisdom comes from experience."
--Valdemar Valerian from the Matrix book series

I'm merely a theoretical electronics engineer/technician for now, since I have no extra money for experimentation, but I was a professional electronics/computer technician in the past.
As a result, I have a lot of ideas, but no hard test results to back them up---for now.  That could change if I get a job locally in the Bay Area of California.