Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Jailed for debt

Started by FreeEnergy, July 04, 2010, 12:09:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tbird

this article makes it sound like the theives (if you don't pay for what you contract for, what else would you call them?) are the victims.  at some point, they made the conscious decision to not pay.  for me, that's the same as stealing.

i understand life can present unexpected problems.  this is no excuse to ignore what you have already commited to.  if you find you can't make your payments, call and try to work something out.  don't ignore it for so long that it has to be turned over to a collector.  after all, the people you owe the money to, count on your payment to live on too.

as for the police arresting people, i'm sure some bussiness (or collection agent) didn't just phone up and say "go get these people for me".  the only way i know that they will take action is to have a warrant (court order) to act on.  if you let it go this long, all i can say is "SHAME ON YOU!!".
It's better to be thought a fool than to open your mouth and prove it!

FreeEnergy

i could be wrong but from what i understand being in debt is not a crime.
if you are in debt and can't pay than the only thing they can do is take back any property that you bought with the credit and make you have a bad credit score. but throwing you in jail? im not sure about that.

tbird

if you don't show up for court after being summoned, you will be charged with "contemp of court" and the judge will issue a warrant for your arrest.

being in debt is not a crime, but if you fail to take care of your debt, you can be sued.  if found in favor of the party suing, a judgement will be brought against you.  if you fail to comply, that is against the law, etc....

just think about it. if there were no concerquince for not paying your bills, why would anyone pay?

i remember a time when honor was enough to insure paying, sealed with a hand shake.  people would go hungry in order to pay before skipping out on a deal.

It's better to be thought a fool than to open your mouth and prove it!

FreeEnergy

what's next? people get the death penalty for being in debt!

then the ARP goes down dramatically world wide.

maybe a form of population reduction on earth?

;)