Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Rosemary Ainslie COP>17 Circuit / A First Application on a Hot Water Cylinder

Started by Rosemary Ainslie, July 18, 2010, 10:42:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Omnibus

@ashtweth_nihilisti,

I wonder why are you so much emphasizing on the scope? Scope should be the least of your worries once you have proper probes and once you understand the intricacies of the data processing. So, let's start with the probes -- what are they and what are you actually measuring? Here in this forum there are some pretty sophisticated participants and it will be a good idea to post the schematics under study and the details as to how you actually do the measurements so that we can hear some competent input. I have already expressed this opinion, and I'll say it again, measurements are the only part of this project worth considering and they have to be done right.

I, for one, would be willing to do some study on the board you said you can donate. I have a Tektronix DPO 2024, a Hall effect based current probe and four passive voltage probes that come with the scope. On the side of equipment the voltage probes are the weakest link. I've discussed that extensively in the Steorn thread and I'll keep discussing it. However, there's another problem which I found to be of even greater significance -- the data processing -- which seems to be overlooked. No wonder, as I already said in the Steorn thread, it is highly uncommon, if not absent altogether, for academics to carry out the power measurements we're talking about. I found out that academics in prestigious universities will not touch such measurements with a ten foot pole. So, the expectations that academics will embrace these studies does not seem realistic. These studies have to be carried out, however, and, like I said, we should give them some more thought here.

Pirate88179

Quote from: ashtweth_nihilisti on August 21, 2010, 08:19:58 PM

Please dont do that to Glen he certainty does not deserve that, he is under some stress  so lets all try and remember who's side we are on.

Ash

First, I am not on anyone's "side". 

Second, don't do what to Glen?  He is the one pm'ing everyone about another forum member behind their backs saying terrible things and as a PI, I do recognize underhanded tactics when I see them.  As I said before, this does not help his case at all, whatever his case may or may not be.

Also, no offense intended, but what part of "Glen please do not pm me ever again" has anything to do with you?

This is supposed to be open source and if pm'ing behind some member's back is part of the open source creed, I would like to see where that is written.

Again, no offense intended but I was not directing any of my posted comments at you.

Bill

***EDIT***

I read Omni's simultaneous post above mine and what he is saying here makes a lot of sense to me.  For whatever that is worth.
See the Joule thief Circuit Diagrams, etc. topic here:
http://www.overunity.com/index.php?topic=6942.0;topicseen

ashtweth_nihilisti

Hi Bill i spoke to Glen, and saw the PM's its valid tuning advice for what its worth, drop me a mail or read Glen's Pm it wil help.
glad to be back on topic.,

Ash
?If you create your own electricity, heating and water systems, you create your own politics. Maybe that?s what they?re afraid of.? ?? Michael Reynolds
http://www.panacea-bocaf.org
http://www.panaceauniversity.org

http://www.geocities.com/glorybangla/cqtes.htm

ashtweth_nihilisti

Quote from: Omnibus on August 21, 2010, 09:39:52 PM
@ashtweth_nihilisti,

I wonder why are you so much emphasizing on the scope? Scope should be the least of your worries once you have proper probes and once you understand the intricacies of the data processing. So, let's start with the probes -- what are they and what are you actually measuring? Here in this forum there are some pretty sophisticated participants and it will be a good idea to post the schematics under study and the details as to how you actually do the measurements so that we can hear some competent input. I have already expressed this opinion, and I'll say it again, measurements are the only part of this project worth considering and they have to be done right.

I, for one, would be willing to do some study on the board you said you can donate. I have a Tektronix DPO 2024, a Hall effect based current probe and four passive voltage probes that come with the scope. On the side of equipment the voltage probes are the weakest link. I've discussed that extensively in the Steorn thread and I'll keep discussing it. However, there's another problem which I found to be of even greater significance -- the data processing -- which seems to be overlooked. No wonder, as I already said in the Steorn thread, it is highly uncommon, if not absent altogether, for academics to carry out the power measurements we're talking about. I found out that academics in prestigious universities will not touch such measurements with a ten foot pole. So, the expectations that academics will embrace these studies does not seem realistic. These studies have to be carried out, however, and, like I said, we should give them some more thought here.

Hi Omnibus , yes i forgot to add probes and Data logging capacity, its been a long night :). Rose has the IEEE paper in her scribid site with scope shots/schemo's and measurements or its in Glen's sky drive or the Panacea university document (archived a lot of post there). Its a very simple and easy circuit to put together, if you cannot put it together and check out let me know the board is yours for research reports. Glad to be making some progress.

Ash
?If you create your own electricity, heating and water systems, you create your own politics. Maybe that?s what they?re afraid of.? ?? Michael Reynolds
http://www.panacea-bocaf.org
http://www.panaceauniversity.org

http://www.geocities.com/glorybangla/cqtes.htm

Omnibus

Do you have a link where the paper can be downloaded from as a pdf document? Reading from Skribd is not the most convenient occupation.