Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Copper Zinc Tap Water Fuel Cell

Started by Poit, September 16, 2010, 02:38:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

the_big_m_in_ok

Quote from: b_rads on September 22, 2010, 03:33:03 PM
@all
Perhaps some of you need a good laugh today at the expense of a newbie.  I humbly offer myself to you.  I want to make certain that any results posted on these galvanic cells have been performed correctly.  Attached is what I think should be the correct measuring method with my multimeter.  Would a kind member please confirm or reject this?
Thanks â€" Brad S
Your drawings are correct by my electronics training:  Measure parallel for voltage and in series for current.

We all start somewhere as beginners; no need to be embarrassed.

--Lee
"Truth comes from wisdom and wisdom comes from experience."
--Valdemar Valerian from the Matrix book series

I'm merely a theoretical electronics engineer/technician for now, since I have no extra money for experimentation, but I was a professional electronics/computer technician in the past.
As a result, I have a lot of ideas, but no hard test results to back them up---for now.  That could change if I get a job locally in the Bay Area of California.

Linearfashion

I believe old water heaters have a sacrificial anode made from magnesium, that woul be a good find. I have an old one at kicking around perhaps I'll give it a try! Forgive my ignorance but aren't pencils made from graphite?

jeanna

Quote from: Linearfashion on September 22, 2010, 04:00:32 PM
I believe old water heaters have a sacrificial anode made from magnesium, that woul be a good find. I have an old one at kicking around perhaps I'll give it a try! Forgive my ignorance but aren't pencils made from graphite?
Yes, linearfashion, this would be correct.
Bill uses a magnesium water heater anode for the negative electrode for his earth battery.
Pencil leads are graphite. My hardware store gave me a plumber's pencil with a fat and flat carbon lead.

This is a copper zinc thread.

Lasersaber opened a magnesium/carbon thread which he called air battery.
It is getting confusing around here with all of us cross-posting different metals on different threads. (me included  ;) )

So, have a look at the air battery and join in the fun.

thank you,

jeanna

Poit

Quote from: jeanna on September 22, 2010, 09:59:05 PM
Yes, linearfashion, this would be correct.
Bill uses a magnesium water heater anode for the negative electrode for his earth battery.
Pencil leads are graphite. My hardware store gave me a plumber's pencil with a fat and flat carbon lead.

This is a copper zinc thread.

Lasersaber opened a magnesium/carbon thread which he called air battery.
It is getting confusing around here with all of us cross-posting different metals on different threads. (me included  ;) )

So, have a look at the air battery and join in the fun.

thank you,

jeanna

hi all, a little update.... very little (if any) corrosion has occurred on my setup (see very first post)...... i got a little distracted with making a lead battery hehe..... ill post some update pictures of my original copper zinc setup later today.

Hope

KK NP  waiting,  (kinda like my pix when  found the kids hijacked my camera batteries