Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

My perpetual motion machine, well sort of anyway.

Started by stevensrd1, September 28, 2010, 10:50:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stevensrd1

slipchamber

Airstriker

Quote from: Bulbz on September 29, 2010, 09:38:17 AM
True, it's not perpetual motion, but it's still free energy. That's what this forum is all about, "Free Energy". Keep up the good work and experimentation stevensrd1  ;)
Sure free energy. But why a hell do I see perpetual motion in the thread's subject ?!!!!!!! It has nothing to do with it ! And there is no "wow" in here! Sorry for being nervous but I've got enough of all this "perpetuals".

Bulbz

Quote from: Airstriker on October 01, 2010, 03:02:14 AM
Sure free energy. But why a hell do I see perpetual motion in the thread's subject ?!!!!!!! It has nothing to do with it ! And there is no "wow" in here! Sorry for being nervous but I've got enough of all this "perpetuals".

I think it's just a habit, many people refer to free energy as perpetual motion. I know that, because I used to make the same assumption myself.
Best regards.
Steve Ancell.

gmeast

Quote from: stevensrd1 on September 28, 2010, 10:50:45 AM
This is one of those rotating watch stands, you may have seen them in store windows. Its solar powered, so when there is bright light it turns. I bought it around a year and a half ago. It worked well as long as there was bright light. So I found a way to make it run all the time. I soldered one 1.5v rechargeable inside it which is also connected to the solar panels. Its been running around a year or longer now non stop. It dont matter if I have it in the sun or not now. I sometimes have it various places in my room, on the table, or so on, and sometimes in the window. The trick to it running non stop I think is because it uses four small solar panels, and even tho one is not enough to power it in dim light, four is enough to keep the battery recharged. Like I said it runs non stop,,even at night. As long as it gets some light, now and then, any light bright or not,,thats enough to keep the battery recharged. Here is the link to the video I made of it,,if your interested. http://www.freedrive.com/file/1291116

Hi stevensrd1,

It's nice to see someone summarizing "the basic, stand-alone PV Power System".  In a PV installation there is a collector, and in the case of PV it is a Photovoltaic Panel that produces POWER ... this is an important word ... "POWER".  The installation also consists of a way to store the 'Power' produced by the PV Panel ... like a battery.  The final component of the system is a conversion device such as an inverter, a motor, a heater, a lighting system or all of the latter to convert the power stored in the battery into a new, different and usable form ... (varying from its original form that was collected by the PV Panel(s)).   

Now back to this "POWER" thingy.  A rotating disc does NO work.  Work is done to accelerate the disc or to slow it down.  But to maintain the motion once achieved takes NO power ... save that required to overcome parasitic forces like friction.  If you were to link something to the rotating disc that would cause it to continuously slow in its rotation, then it would require some 'POWER' to restore and maintain the previous rate of rotation.  You now have a 'LOAD' that must be 'POWERED'  You would need to provide an adequate rotational force (torque provided by a motor driving the disc), and provide that torque at a rate to keep up with the 'LOAD' that is slowing the disc's rate of rotation.  In mechanical power, the force is applied (tangentially) at some known radius, and at a rate (the rate of the applied force) to produce and maintain the right speed (rotational rate ) ... this is the definition of mechanical power (for a simple rotating system) ... Energy or  "lb-ft", that is, 'force applied through a distance ...  and in this case around in a circle',  and being done so at a rate ... per second, per minute, per hour, whatever ... expressed something like "(lb-ft)/sec".  One horsepower being 550 lb-ft per second or 33,000 lb-ft per minute.  This can mean (if you want to relate this to the 'force' of gravity) would be 33,000 lbs lifted 1-ft in one minute's time -OR- 1-lb lifted 33,000 ft in one minute's time (assuming gravity is constant during the 33,000 ft haul).  "550 lb-ft/sec" is simply 1/60th of the latter figure ... 60 seconds to every minute and all .... 33,000 / 60 = 550, etc.

So your clever setup shows the fundamentals of a complete, stand-alone PV power system but is NOT producing any usable power, as I said, save that amount required to overcome parasitic drag, load, forces, friction, etc.

I didn't mention the need for a battery charging device (charge controller) because you could watch a volt meter and 'plug and unplug' the PV Panel and battery to prevent an overcharge ... so a charge controller device is not a critical component if the function can be performed manually ... convenient? - "yes", required?  - "no".

So, as has been said in this thread: FREE ENERGY? - "YES", PERPETUAL MOTION? - oh well, what the heck "YES" ... accept where regarding arguments of 'opened' and 'closed' systems go ... 'Puritan' philosophies ... often a stumbling block.

Greg