Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

boyd bushman magnet drop recreation

Started by Jon, October 03, 2010, 04:24:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gravityblock

I suggest you take a few nylon fibers and sandwich them between two magnets.  Make sure the fibers are centered with the magnets.  It's easy to center the fibers, because the magnet's north pole will want to aligh with the earth's vertical south pole and the magnets will point straight up when the fibers are perfectly centered.

Now, slowly move the string between the vertical and horizontal positions while holding and pulling both ends of the string, and take note how the magnets interact with the earth's magnetic field.  Now visually imagine how the magnets in different configurations will interact with the earth's magnetic field as they are falling.  In one configuration, the magnets will be attracted to the earth's magnetic field more than they are repelled, and in the other configuration, the magnets will be repelled by the earth's magnetic field more than they are attracted.

GB
Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, and expecting a different result.

God will confuse the wise with the simplest things of this world.  He will catch the wise in their own craftiness.

gravityblock

This effect isn't any more mysterious than a magnet falling at a slower rate when dropped through a hollow copper tube, due to the magnet inducing an EMF in the copper with an opposing field.

GB
Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, and expecting a different result.

God will confuse the wise with the simplest things of this world.  He will catch the wise in their own craftiness.

rave154

gravityblock,

i couldnt agree more.

i can remember way back when, couple years ago when i didnt know anything barely, watching boyd bushman do his "magnet down the copper pipe" thingy..and he says " look.....copper isnt magnetic" as he holds the magnet to the copper....and then...after its taken 4-5 seconds to slide down the tube he says " See....so OBVIOUSLY we have some sort of anti gravity effect here dont we".....at the time i thought WOW YEAH !...

later do i learn....its just Lenz Law.

but thats my point....if someone of boyd bushmans "standing"......doesnt know about lenz law......what else doesnt he know about?

Jon

Right, Anyway... It turns out the difference in acceleration in my test was the result of different weights for each object. The magnets had a different mass. As soon as I modified them to be the same weight both 60 grams and the same size, they fell at close to the same rate. This test was only done from 18" though. I have ordered new magnets to test again from a tall drop area...

Slann

"The effect is due to how the magnets in different configurations interact with both the vertical and horizonatal components of the earth's magnetic field.  Also, a rotating body will obtain a higher velocity than a non-rotating body.  Does the magnets in an opposing configuration have a different spin when falling than the magnets in attraction as they fall?

A magnet's south pole will want to align with the earth's horizontal north pole, while the magnet's north pole will also try to align with the earth's vertical south pole, which is straight up in the northern hemisphere.  It should now be obvious to why magnets in an opposing configuration will fall at a different rate than magnets only in attraction."
Oh really?  If there is no relationship between gravity and magnetism (as current physics states) then the relative configurations of non-rotating bodies (in this case, magnets) should be irrelevant.  You state that "magnets in an opposing configuration will fall at a different rate than magnets only in attraction."  If true, by your logic, magnets in attraction will fall at faster rates than magnets in opposition.  This has NOT been verified in any experiments.  The only thing "obvious" is that you acknowledge there is a direct physical relationship between gravity and magnetism, and thus, between electricity and gravity.
Thank you.