Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Captret - Capacitor and Electret

Started by ibpointless2, October 19, 2010, 06:49:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nievesoliveras

Somebody is using the capacitor recharge with a capacitor bank here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDtgghR0oWw&NR=1

ibpointless2

does anyone know how long a 9 volt battery will run a 28 mA led load?

ibpointless2

So far i've had made the captret do some useful work, i got it to light a LED continuously. Its a really simple LED driver circuit that go against what the textbooks say how to use a capacitor but it works! I've had one version that has been lighting a red LED for a week now non stop running off a "dead" 9 volt battery.

Now heres my problem. I have two version, both are the same in every way except one has a "dead" 9 volt battery and the other has a new out the package battery. The one that has the dead 9 volt battery is the one thats acting funny, instead of the voltage going down overtime like a normal load it goes up. And yes before i begun the test i let the 9 volt sit for a day untouched, but its been running for a week and the voltage seems to go up everyday! Now the new battery goes down, like it should, but its got me wonder if there is a sweet spot it gets to where it won't consume battery power anymore? Oh and one important note is that the LED will get dimmer over time, BUT will not go completely out when you use a RED LED, and i think it hits that sweet spot where it won't go dim anymore and then it won't consume anymore power?

But i don't know? Try the circuit yourself, its really simple to make.

The capacitor use are 1uF @ 50 volts. Just remove the outer plastic case to show the metal case and that is your "o" that you connect the 9 volts negative cable to. See how long your Captret LED driver will run for?

Kator01

Hi Steven,

I would suggest you use a 10 000 MykoF Elko instead of the battery. With such an elko you have a definite amount of energy stored up which you can calculate for a given voltage-level.

Second : is this setup ment to run continously or  do you break connections periodically ( alternating) ?

Regards

Kator01

ibpointless2

Quote from: Kator01 on November 06, 2010, 08:28:45 PM
Hi Steven,

I would suggest you use a 10 000 MykoF Elko instead of the battery. With such an elko you have a definite amount of energy stored up which you can calculate for a given voltage-level.

Second : is this setup ment to run continously or  do you break connections periodically ( alternating) ?

Regards

Kator01

I can't find by what you mean by "10 000 MykoF Elko", i did a google search and found nothing?

The connection is setup to run non-stop, direct current, never disconnecting to see how long it will run. The one that is running the dead battery has been running for about a week now and for some odd reason the voltage goes up as if a heavy load was put on it and you take that load off it and the battery bounces back, but the problem is that the battery has never been disconnected and its been doing this for about a week now. The voltage gain is really nothing to jump up and down about, yesterday it was at 8.04 volts and today its was at 8.05. I'm sure i'm not breaking any laws here because the battery started out at 8.22 volts from resting 24 hours and when i connected everything up the battery went down to 7.70 volts and ever since then it has been going up as if the LED is not even a load on it. It does seem though that recharging is not as fast as it use to be but it still happens. Once it gets over 8.22 volts then i'll be excited, but it still is amazing that the LED load is working in reverse.