Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

DIY transformer ...

Started by DeepCut, November 10, 2010, 03:42:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DeepCut

A 1k res just stops the motor.

I'm depressed.

z.monkey

I looked at your video from the 5W to 60W thread.  You built a transformer on a hollow tube.  You need to know about something called permeability.  This is the density of your core material (in this case a hollow tube).  I think you said a vegetable stock tin.  If its magnetic it works OK, but then you need to think about magnetic flux density.  Magnetic flux density is the concentration of flux lines around the coil.  Typically transformers are made as compact as possible to maximize the magnetic flux density.

It looks like you are applying direct current to your transformer and wondering why its not working properly.  Despite the idea that a "DC transformer" is a real thing I have never seen one that works.  Now there are applications where a DC pulse and a coil is used, like automotive ignitions, but that is a very different situation.  There we want a high voltage spark to ignite the gasoline, and don't care about the electrical aspects.  These Bedini motors, despite their popularity, are not the answer to free energy.

First you need to modulate the current on the primary side to make the current in the coil change.  The transformer effect only happens when the current is changing.  Sure you can do it with a switch, but that is not very efficient.  If you looks at the input and output waveforms of a switch actuated current in a transformer you will see these very narrow spikes of voltage.  Both the core and the secondary windings need time to change, and the transient voltages from the switching action are too fast for the core and the secondary winding to see the current.  The optimum waveform for an iron (steel) transformer is an AC sinewave below 500 Hertz, and Tesla calculated that the optimum frequency is 60 Hertz.  Now if you get, or build, a way to modulate your current then your transformer will start to behave like a transformer.  I have built several inverter circuits that could do this.

Then, about your magnet, I am going to assume that you are trying to modulate the transformer with the magnet spinning inside it.  This would account for the limited output that you have.  The powerful Neodymium magnet is modulating the magnetic flux field of the transformer, even though the input current is direct current, and causing the secondary coil voltage to fluctuate.  While the voltage number look impressive, the current low, thus your voltage falls off with a tiny load.

Get away from the Bedini poison, follow Tesla.  Tesla holds the magic key.  My recommendation would be to get, or build an inverter.  Rewind the transformer on a compact solid iron core.  Mount the magnet perpendicular to the end of the core, and as close as physically possible.  Then try the same experiment, and see if you get better current out of the secondary...
Goodwill to All, for All is One!

z.monkey

I want to remind you that failure is an impostor.  Failure teaches us what not to do.  I have a PhD in failure because I have been doing this a long time...

Keep creating, its what makes you like your creator...

I just love circular logic...

DeepCut

Thanks very much z, very well put :)

I'm sorry you wrote so much under a misapprehension though :(

That video is a magnet being spun by a switching coil connected to a bedini circuit.

The big coil you thought was the transformer is my output coil, the magnet inducing a current into it.

I'm putting 18 volts in and getting up to 200 out. I want to build the transformer to step down the voltage and get better current.

Hope this clarifies things :)

z.monkey

From your 5 Watts in 60 watts out thread...
"The drive coil is the usual bifilar, 800 turns of 0.30mm and 0.28mm.

The output coil is just over a kilometre (1145 metres) of 0.25mm magnet wire."

A kilometer of wire of .25 mm wire?  388 ohms resistance?  That's like 10 mil
wire, like #30.  At what did you say 200 Volt output.  Probably the only reason
you are developing that kind of voltage is because you have so much resistance
in you wire.  You made a mini Tesla coil.  Like a voltage magnifier.  So like a
Tesla coil it is all voltage.  Get the output wires close together and see if it arcs.

I am in a similar situation.  I'm building an alternator.  I undertook a massive
effort that took months, and was very expensive.  I do have a really nice alternator,
but its performance is pitiful.  It develops 90mA, it should be developing 10s of Amps.
And the problem is the coil.  I picked the wrong wire, and the result is poor performance.
I used 22 AWG wire, which is 15 mils (.38mm), an the coil resistance is 50 Ohms.
With a 65 Ohm load on the coil it only develops 5.84 Volts.  That is a current deficiency.
So, I am replacing the wire with 14 AWG, 68 mils (1.72mm).  The calculated coil resistance
will then be 0.1 Ohms, and I measure it again when I get it assembled.  Maybe I'll get
a little more current, hoping for 10 Amps, at least.

So I gotta say been there done that.  Try putting a neon indicator lamp on the output
leads.  This is a replication, right?  Did you very carefully and precisely duplicate the
device that you are replicating?  The devil is in the details...

Wish you luck, I'm off to disassemble my alternator.  Should get the new wire today...