Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Electricity from small rock

Started by hemancro, November 23, 2010, 05:58:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ElectricGoose

Quote from: hemancro on November 24, 2010, 02:08:01 AM
i left 6 rocks and 6 capacitors 22 uF 16V for around 5 hours in series.
they charge capacitors to more than 400 millivolt.
as soon as i connect voltmeter volts rapidly dropped to 20 millivolt.

now i know that they:
charge capacitors.
mv can go from 1 to 200.
mv can get higher (700 mv) with wire or some metal connected to rock from 1 side.
change polarity.
can link in series to gain voltage, but only with capacitors in parallel with rocks (rocks on parallel with capacitors and then capacitors in series).

if anyone have more information and willing to share, il be very happy :)

You are at LEAST 40 years behind the 8 ball here.  It's called Petrovoltaics man, and a fella by the name of TT Brown researched it extensively long ago attaching different rock types to different circuits.

Rather than do what most everyone else here does (which is THINK they are breaking new ground and experiment on topics that have ALREADY been PROPERLY and METHODICALLY researched sometimes +100 years ago), go and save yourself a lot of time and expense by first reading the research notes along with patents of TT Brown.  THEN IF you think you have a novel new way of expanding the research, you can go from there.  Anything else is just buggerizing around like an average backyarder and I will tell you this achieves nothing!

Here is the site with all the notes -

http://www.qualight.com/petro/

Now I will tell you what the problem is with petrovoltaics - Lack of power density (not to mention nobody wants a battery that involves pushing a wheelbarrow to light a LED).

Yes, you can stack rocks and make even thousands of volts (batteries hundreds of years old are based on this), but it is next to useless other than a novelty.  It carries virtually no current and current does all the work.

Good luck.

E-Goose

hemancro

Quote from: ElectricGoose on November 24, 2010, 02:39:50 AM
...Here is the site with all the notes -

http://www.qualight.com/petro/

"Petrovoltaics is the spontaneous rectification of and storage of radiation in the form of electrical potential by certain materials. Townsend Brown observed this effect in numerous materials, but the effect was most prevalent in granitic and volcanic rocks such as in Koolau basalt found near the city of Honolulu in Hawaii and other complex siliates. Interestingly, the observed potentials appeared to undergo definite circadian rhythms or cycles. Attempting to isolate the petrovoltaic effect from other known phenomena such as piezoelectric, thermoelectric, or pyroelectric phenomena, Townsend Brown shielded his "sensors," consisting of natural rock specimens or manufactured materials, materials from electrostatic, thermal, humidic, and radiation effects. However, the electrical potentials remained, albeit at lower values, and more interestingly, the cyclical nature of the potential was still present. It was these cycles that intrigued Townsend Brown - where was the energy coming from, and what interaction was occurring between that energy and the materials of his sensors to produce measurable potentials with circadian rhythms ? He theorized that the gravitational fields of the Earth, Sun, Moon, and planets were interacting with the mass of the sensors. This theory sprung from the predicted observation that such an interaction would elicit a generally higher effect with more massive sensor materials. "

ibpointless2

Don't let high voltage fool you it can do a lot of work.

A stack of some rocks would be great to have to light up some LED's.

I say keep going and see if you can light up a LED with a joule thief.

hemancro

im after 0.8 - 0.9 volts.
if i can get that in 1000 uF cap then i can have small blink with joule thief and LED :)
im sure that there are some minerals in rocks that give electricity,
only i don't know which one.

here is new video that recharge 4700 uF 25V capacitor to more than 0.900V
i stop recording before 0.9V
5 rocks in series, i don't know is that capacitor self charge or what, but it is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqHa-NZxYHo

ibpointless2

If you get your voltage higher, say around 7 volts, i can show you how to double the light out put from a capacitor.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQJZs6tlj_Y

Where do you get your rocks?