Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

How do i measure electrical power over time ?

Started by DeepCut, December 03, 2010, 11:39:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DeepCut

DreamThinkBuild

@All,

While we are on the subject of heating. How many infrared LED's would be needed, running off a Joule Thief/boost converter, to put out 3412 BTUs?  :)

The LEDs would be placed in a mirrored tube as in this patent configuration:

"#7133604 Infrared air heater with multiple light sources and reflective enclosure"

http://www.freepatentsonline.com/7133604.html

TinselKoala

One BTU is 1055 Joules. 3412 BTU, then, is about 3.6 megaJoules.

But again, you will note that heating and cooling systems are rated in BTU/hour, not just BTU. BTU, then, is an energy value, not a power value, and can express, for example, the energy content of a fuel or power source. (BTU/liter for example).

All the power you put into the system will eventually come out as heat.
The IR diodes can be chosen in many power ranges, but let's choose nice fat 100 mW ones.  That's one-tenth of a Joule per second of operation. So your question, again, isn't how "fast" but how "far"...how LONG can you run, say, a bank of 10000 x 100 mW IR LEDs on 3412 BTUs.
10000 x 100 mW = 1000 Watts, or 1000 Joules/second.
An energy store of about 3,600,000 Joules, dissipated at the rate of 1000 Joules per second (that is, 1000 Watts) , will run out in about 3,600 seconds or 60 minutes.

Unless I misplaced a decimal somewhere.

DeepCut

I think we should digitize TK's brain, put it in a yottabyte database, add speech synthesis and speech recognition.

Gary.

fritznien

if i had known TK was going to answer i would have been happy to let him as he
does it so much better.
fritznien