Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

calling Maxwell's Daemon

Started by nul-points, December 27, 2010, 07:30:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MrMag

Quote from: Omnibus on January 08, 2011, 10:11:22 PM
Please review this and some other of the latest forums and correct yourself in a letter to Stefan. It is not "these members" but concretely @MrMag and @XS-NRG. I have not started this and you should fairly reflect that in your letter to Stefan. Thanks.

Sorry Sandy and Stefan for the off topic litter. It's just really hard to put up with certain people and their demands. Just look at his latest post telling you to correct your letter. Not apologetic at all just finger pointing. In the schoolyard we knew how to handle a tattletale. You can't even disagree with him or he attacks you.

I will let you deal with him yourself and refrain from correcting him any further.

Again, I am sorry for this and feel free to remove my posts.

nul-points

Please review this and some other of the latest forums and correct yourself in a letter to Stefan.

It is not "these members" ...{{SNIP}}...

I have not started this and you should fairly reflect that in your letter to Stefan. Thanks.

ok folks, for this one time only, i'm going to give you all some feedback about just how fair, or otherwise, i might have been:-

a) after i expressly asked for this behaviour in my thread to stop, three members continued to write multiple posts, consisting entirely of off-topic gibberish

you can judge for yourselves whether i was fair to these three - and all other members trying to follow this thread - in asking Stefan to apply some moderation here

b) after Stefan kindly followed up my request with the post above, and with a PM to me, i replied privately to thank him and point out that it appeared to me that one of the members was being 'hounded' across several threads by the other two, and that although this particular member had contributed to the disruption here, before and after being asked to stop, that he wasn't the one who started the trouble in this thread

i then posted public thanks to Stefan and indicated that i'd inform him of any repeat of the disruption

again, you can judge for yourselves just how fair i was to all concerned

i hope everyone here will also understand now when i say that i don't believe i need to write to Stefan to 'correct' myself

i note that only one of the three has offered any apology for contributing to the disruption of the thread

MrMag - apology accepted - a good example, of which we could all take note!  ;)

let's do all of ourselves a favour: keep it on-topic, keep it civil

cheers
sandy

{{EDIT: clarified separate private & public responses to Stefan}}
"To do is to be" ---  Descartes;
"To be is to do"  ---  Jean Paul Sarte;
"Do be do be do" ---  F. Sinatra

Omnibus

Quotehe wasn't the one who started the trouble in this thread

Thanks.

My understanding is that, while, of course, the posts of the other two, contributing nothing to the discussion, should be removed despite of whether or not they want that and despite their appologies, if any, I believe my posts should remain (except for the replies to those disruptive elements, which I should have never bothered to write) because they are on the topic. Further, I believe, those two disruptive elements and some other who appeared recently in the forum should recieve either restricted access or should be banned altogether, especially if they continue to destroy the discussions. On the other hand I maintain that constructive criticism should be encouraged and should not be confused for the damaging effect to the exchanges some recent activists have demonstrated. This forum has witnessed from time to time similar attacks in the past but hopefully it has been able to restore its healthy functioning.

nul-points

Quote from: Omnibus on January 09, 2011, 02:37:36 AM
On the other hand I maintain that constructive criticism should be encouraged and should not be confused for the damaging effect to the exchanges some recent activists have demonstrated.

this moderator action was not in response to any on-topic posts (either positive or 'constructive criticism')

moderation was requested for, and applied in, this thread because three members persisted in submitting multiple posts of off-topic gibberish, after being requested to stop

although this particular member had contributed to the disruption here, before and after being asked to stop, ... he wasn't the one who started the trouble in this thread

thanks
sandy
"To do is to be" ---  Descartes;
"To be is to do"  ---  Jean Paul Sarte;
"Do be do be do" ---  F. Sinatra

XS-NRG

Quote from: Omnibus on January 08, 2011, 10:07:50 PM

and many participants know that I am one of those practicing it the most here.

Look who's talking mister "Spam" himself.
You are the one Posting Spam under valid posts from other members.
SO don't act like the innocent little girl cos you ain't buddy.