Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Oscilloscope?

Started by Taylor1992, December 29, 2010, 11:03:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

allcanadian

@omnibus
QuoteThen I don't think you should bother at all if you want to do quality work. With a 300 dollar oscilloscope it is out of the question.
I would disagree, I have built and tested hundreds upon hundreds of circuits including, Tesla coils, tesla oscillators, one wire conduction, wireless power transfer, the hairpin circuit, high voltage transient fields at thousands of volts/cm which charge all nearby objects and others I will not go into, and all on a analog scope I bought at a garage sale 20 years ago for $40. I can also tell you that I have a small 12v circuit that will easily wipe out all your precious equipment in milliseconds from over five feet away regardless of what probes you use or the ground connections because it does not charge by conduction. I also use a DSO however nine times out of ten my trusty old 1970's oscilloscope does everything I need, you see free energy is not about measuring things it is about understanding things and if your premise is flawed then any measurements are pointless.

@Taylor1992
I would suggest an analog oscilloscope with at least two channels and a range near 100Mhz, this will do most everything you need and they are cheap and easy to find. We should remember that an oscilloscope simply measures voltage over time and with a shunt we can measure current. As well you will need some 1X/10X probes which can be found on Ebay for around $30 but I would stay away from anything cheaper. I also use 100X high voltage probes I purchased for $100 across a tickler coil ( a small coil having a few turns to probe circuits ) for higher voltage circuits. I understand many might get quite a chuckle out of the equipment I use but I can assure you there would be no laughter if they knew what I have achieved with it. You see the equipment we use are simply tools and were never meant to replace intelligence, logic, abstract thought nor curiosity. An oscilloscope or any other tool will not give anyone free energy because free energy is not the product of any tool it is a product of the human mind and an inventive spirit.

Regards
AC
Knowledge without Use and Expression is a vain thing, bringing no good to its possessor, or to the race.

Omnibus

Now, it's my turn to disagree. OU studies are exclusively about measuring things. Understanding is easy, proper measuring is the difficult part. You say you've measured a lot of circuits, however, how many of them have found their place in peer-reviewed scientific journals. None, I guess, and that speaks volumes. Like I said, you may use cheap oscilloscopes, even analog ones for preliminary studies but for research level studies in the field of OU the high-end scopes are a must. Now, the fellow needs to start with something, to be able to learn. For that purpose your advice is fine and I agree with it. If he, however, wants to get into more advanced stuff a 300 dollar scope will not be at all sufficient. The field of OU is filled with studies which have no scientific merit because of poor equipment mainly and I don't think adding more to it is a good idea (learnining is a different story and that has nothing to do with OU research itself).

fritznien

now all we need is real data for a peer-reviewed scientific journal article

Omnibus

Quote from: fritznien on December 31, 2010, 01:22:53 AM
now all we need is real data for a peer-reviewed scientific journal article

Correct, that's all we need. This, however, will never come about even if the most precise measurements are made with the top notch apparatus. Overunity is in a speciall class of banned subjects in these journals (which have  the impact on the political decisions what the existing academic infrastructure is to be devoted to). Anyone dealing with OU should understand clearly that without publications in the leading peer-reviewed journals that infrastructure will never open for research in the field of OU. That is tragic because no garage enthusiasm, no private investors' money can compare to the efficiency and impact on society the mainstream academic infrastructure has. This has always been the case and will always be in the foreseeable future.

As is clear to almost everyone here, the only way to turn the tide is to present a self-sustaining device, readily reproducible by thousands if not millions of people around the world. Only such device can exert enough pressure to break the barriers separating the mainstream from what is now considered as fringe science -- the OU research.

Omnibus

Staying away from publishing their results and relying solely on the image of a business enterprise is one of the mistakes Steorn make, unfortunately. They are the only ones at present to have a chance of such publications in view of the superb equipment they have and the high quality data and assessment of it they generate. Unfortunately, it doesn't occur to them that such publications will also boost their buisiness prospects like nothing else can. There are some other OU enterprises which have used that approach (publishing) although in not so prestigious journals and Steorn may wanna take a look and compare its own business standing with that of these other OU enterprises and see for themselves.

Now, I'm saying the above with great pain in my heart because I don't want to see efforts wasted in business initiatives at this stage of the OU research but my understanding and theirs differ, I realize that but nevertheless I want to help in correcting that major mistake they are making (not trying to publish in, say, Nature or Physical Review Letters). Like I said, unless it is self-sustaining the likelihood of it being published tends to zero but they at least should submit papers and despite the embargo policy of these journals should have the interested parties observe the developments of that submission process. That will have immensely greater significance than doing secretive research waiting for meager investor handouts.