Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

I need your design help please!

Started by mountainman61, January 28, 2011, 11:09:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mountainman61

Hello everyone!

I have been lurking for quiet some time now, and I gotta say...this is a great forum. I just can't seem to stop reading and go to bed though.

Anyway, If there was ever a place to get good advice, this is it.
So... here goes...I have built a small cabin in the woods and plan on living there full time this summer. I want/ need a small supply of power. I think somewhere in the neighborhood of 4000 or 5000 w/hrs will work. So 200 - 300 watts per hour generated 24 hrs a day would be great. First we must rule out solar because I don't get enough sun. Wind is out of the question too.

I will tell you my resources and abilities first and then my ideas. With your kind help and knowledge, maybe I can get there.

Resources:
65 acres of mountain land in Ky., 2 ponds side by side one about 15 foot above the other (not enough flow for hydro)
A nice shop with many tools, drill press, lathe, etc.
endless supply of trees, firewood/lumber via my sawmill.
I have very good mechanical skills and a decent understanding of basic electronics. However, I do not have the knowledge to carry out my ideas without costly trial and error because I lack the ability/ skill to calculate the outcome of the ideas first. This is where you guys come in!

My Ideas 1 of the following or a combination of them:
A large earth battery (tractor with loader makes it easy) or use the pond as a huge battery??? I don't begin to think 200 watts is realistic for this one.

Anything powered by a large suspended or rolling weight. I was thinking pendulum?
I also have large hills that I could use for a rolling weight...using a couple pulleys I could easily get a 1000 foot of travel and drive the car back up the hill to rewind or better yet, use my truck to rewind when I go to my shop to work everyday. No / little excess energy spent!
I also could have a few hundred gallons of water per day(15 ft. head) to add to the equation if it was worthwhile?
I  have plenty of fire wood that I heat with (5 months) and cook with(year around) so any means of heat to electricity would be a good consideration too.

I thank you in advance for any help you can offer and all ideas are appreciated!!

Kelly

Paul-R

neptune

Don't dismiss solar because you don't get enough sun .A little power is better than nothing . Why is wind out of the question ? Why do you need all that power for a cabin? If it is to operate machine tools for short to medium periods , use a diesel generator or add a modified extra generator to your truck engine . Small steam engine running on wood , with waste heat to heat cabin . Festoon you
woodstove and chimney with Peltier cells for lighting/battery charging?
    Start small , with a few second hand solar panels and arrange for them to track the sun , or move them manually 4 times a day . Small wind plant if feasible  . Then the peltier cells . Walk before trying to run .

Lakes

Wood Gasifier running a generator?

Have a look at Tommy Reed`s thread here.