Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

FEMM simulation showing COP 3 and 7

Started by broli, February 01, 2011, 06:12:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

broli

Finally got around to getting to know FEMM and decided to simulate one of Butch's old ideas:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YL3dzJ80hEMµ

It took me a bit but the results seem promising.

http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/5209/simanim1.gif

The smaller the airgap the larger the COP.

broli

In a generator type setup there's no need for the secondary motion of opening and closing the cores. A coil acts as a variable magnet, we know that any magnet does not or neglible affect a moving magnet along its direction due to the forces being diverted sideways.

This is also what I alluded to a while ago in and older thread:

http://www.overunity.com/index.php?topic=10021.0

But it went under the radar and remained there. I guess if we can't collaborate, build and research together then why bother posting anything under the "open source" banner.

Omnibus

@broli,

As you know, I'm following the pmm development closely, alongside with the other aspects of OU. I'm sorry to say but to me Butch's ideas hold no promise. I wish I'm wrong (which will become at once apparent if Butch produces a real working motor based on these pretty common ideas). The main reason why I consider these and all kinds of other similar ideas as not very promising for our attempts to make a working perpetuum mobile is that the way the excess energy, small as it is, is produced in these constructions is not technological. By that I mean that excess energy obtained, say, during rotation has to be used in a translational motion in order for the sticky spot to be overcome. In another rendition excess energy obtained along one direction has to be used for inducing translation in another direction for the sticky spot to be overcome. And so on and so forth. I hope you understand my point. Not that they cannot be made but such devices are very difficult to fine tune even in their better designs as the ones of @Roobert33 or Walter Torbay, to name a few.

Therefore, it seems apparent that the "switching" through the excess energy should be sought along the lines of Steorn's Orbo where the excess energy appears along the direction of the motion and the switching is due to internal properties and asymmetries of the materials thus avoiding mechanical friction. Fine tuning of such devices is difficult too because of the difficulty in finding the right materials but once found the making of a working device seems much more promising.

I wonder if there would be a way to model the changing magnetization behavior of a material alongside the interaction of materials whith a given magnetization using FEMM or better yet Maxwell3D? What I mean is to account not only for the interaction of the magnetic field as the parts of a given magnetiation approach each other (as it is usually done) but also to simulate the changing character of the ME dependence of, say, ferrite. In other words, to try to model the behavior of the neo-ferrite couple, as in Steorn's Orbo, when another neo is approaching it or retracting from it.

broli

I respect your opinion omnibus but not necessarily agree with it in this case. The design in this thread is a 4 cycle system. I merely just simulated each cycle and their associated forces and shared the results.

We are talking about palm sized dimensions giving us macroscopic energy gains. One cycle of the 3mm gap setup gives 18.1 J of excess mechanical energy this become 24.8 J when the gap is reduced to 1mm. If you even had 10 cycles per second we're talking about 181 Watt and 248 Watt respectively of continuous mechanical power. If that's not convincing then I don't know what is.

And I believe the secondary motion of opening and closing the cores can be omitted completely by using coils around the upper and lower legs like I suggested above. This would significantly reduce the engineering complexity and cost.

Steorn aside, the main point what lafonte also showed with his proof of concepts is that the usual longitudinal force can be diverted to one that is transverse to the motion of the magnet. This seems to hold as long as the flux goes out the magnet and into the core making a sharp turn.

broli

Besides the analytical results of the above, designs like the below are only speculative. To me the ou is almost a sure thing, it's how do we make a practical model that's not too expensive out of it. This is why a concept based on continuous motion is the most preferred.