Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

batteries without metal electrodes and just cheap graphite and TiO2

Started by hartiberlin, March 06, 2011, 07:46:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ibpointless2

I'm still making progress with these cells. I and many others have thought that I was getting electricity from the potential that exist between the two different size plates. I've done experiments with plates that are exactly the same and i still get voltage from the cells. I knew that i could never cut the aluminum foil plates the same size so instead i used manufactured aluminum nails. The nails are all the same and much easier to deal with when i use them in my straw cells.

So the voltage is not coming from the difference of the size of the plates. So where might it be coming from? It is either from the water or from the radiant temp of the air around it or the water temp. I have heated water up to boiling and i did get around 400mV in one cell of water, thats a around a 400% increase in voltage. As for amps they deal with the size of the plates themselves.

right now i can't confirm that these cells will last forever since water is the universal solvent. These can last for a really long time while given a load and are very friendly to the environment, its just water and aluminum. I've have one cell that has passed the 360 hour dead short test and the cell still looks new, I like to see any battery do that! I for see these cells lasting years, and when or if they do die they're highly recyclable. You can't get any more green with these same metal water battery.

I do have a blog that talks only about these same metal water batteries. found here : http://samemetalwaterbattery.blogspot.com/

Feynman

These are really fascinating; thanks for sharing ib.

There may be a reason in terms of quantum electrodynamics why this would work, but if there is, I certainly don't know it!

Cheers

Pirate88179

ibepointless2:

One way to rule out your microwave theory or other RF as a source of the energy would be to see if it still works in a Faraday cage.  You can make one easily or, if your experiment will fit, just use your microwave oven...not turned on of course, ha ha.

I always love stuff like because, as you have already shown, it can be scaled up.  With your discovery that heat increase voltage, these cells could be set outside in the sun inside some black box to gather heat and your output is increased for free.

A lot of possibilities here.  Very nice work indeed.  I can't wait to be able to try this.

Bill
See the Joule thief Circuit Diagrams, etc. topic here:
http://www.overunity.com/index.php?topic=6942.0;topicseen

ibpointless2

Quote from: Pirate88179 on March 11, 2011, 04:10:37 PM
ibepointless2:

One way to rule out your microwave theory or other RF as a source of the energy would be to see if it still works in a Faraday cage.  You can make one easily or, if your experiment will fit, just use your microwave oven...not turned on of course, ha ha.

I always love stuff like because, as you have already shown, it can be scaled up.  With your discovery that heat increase voltage, these cells could be set outside in the sun inside some black box to gather heat and your output is increased for free.

A lot of possibilities here.  Very nice work indeed.  I can't wait to be able to try this.

Bill

I just tested one cell in a Faraday cage (microwave oven) and it still produces power.

Yes there's a lot of possibilities here with these cells! I just wish I knew where the power was coming from.

ibpointless2

I'm coming to a realization that I just can't "willy-nilly" put plates in distilled water and expect it to work. Each plate which is aluminum wire act different to other plates. I find that I must match the plates up to get the best performance out of them. Even though the aluminum wire for each plate comes from the same reel of aluminum wire when they're cut the take on their own life.

Here's a video of what i'm trying to talk about. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMK554Doa4Q

In the video i'm producing close to 700mV, thats as powerful as some galvanic cells! The key is to find plates that best match each other.