Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Tri-Toroidal-Transformer

Started by nilrehob, March 20, 2011, 07:35:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nilrehob

I'm trying to replicate the effect in Thane Heins BiTT
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GcAYhM0LX9A

I have three three toroids: A,B and C.
Three windings (the original windings are still there but unused) around AB, BC and around CA, each is 300 turns.
(i guess the original primary winding is probably 400 turns)

http://img858.imageshack.us/img858/5672/20110318309.jpg

I put 226V (measured) 50Hz on AB.
The flux splits into core A and B.
I put one 15W 220V bulb on BC and one on CA.
I get 106V on winding BC (but expected 113V) (didn't check CA)

http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/5822/threecore.png

PF on input in AB is sadly still 1.0 as in the normal case
I was hoping for PF 0.0 on input as in the BiTT.

Any suggestion on what to change or do in order to get PF 0.0?

/Hob

PS: unable to insert the images directly into the text, sorry

nilrehob

BTW, if i disconnect one of the lamps, the other one would go out.

/Hob

wattsup

@nilrehob

Interesting build I must say, but I think you realize there are many things wrong with what you have built.

If using toroidal cores, first the way you have your coils wound over three standard transformer coils, those transformers having many winds between the cores will not permit any real flux movement.

If you were to use three toroidal cores to even start to try and simulate the Thane Bi-Toroidals you would require the following.
1) One toroid core of let's say 6" OD and 5" ID.
2) Then two toroid cores of 2.5" OD and 1.5" ID.

The two smaller toroids would fit side-by-side inside the ID of the larger toroid.

Of course the OD/ID could vary but this is just to explain when using toroids, the closest way to simulate the effect although even then, with toroids the mutual contact of core to core will be much more limited then in the true Thane device where each section shares a good length of mutual exchange where the core are wound.

But trying to use those transformer coils as toroidal cores you have from the outside as you have it will simply create many points of cancellation and the fact that those toroids are already insulated with coiling, insulation, etc., this would not be a good way to go use the toroidal core as a Thane device.

Of course the way you made the build there are many ways to play around with them, even putting the three wound coils in series or parallel as the feed and then putting all the existing primaries in series to load and then the same thing with all the secondaries. This would be more interesting to see what happens.

wattsup

PS: I have added your two images below,

nilrehob

Thanks for the reply :)

I have been thinking about the sizing of the toroids
the reason for your proposal i think is because you would want the "back-flux" from the two secondary windings not to enter the two primary cores but to choose the easiest path which would be the secondary core

i figure the same effect might appear if i wound lots of more turns for the primary so the two primary cores would get saturated?

/Hob

Magluvin

Hey Hob

A friend of mine sent me these pdf's that you may find interesting.
I have not tried anything with these ideas yet, but you seem to have the toroids to work with.  ;]

Let me know what you think.

Mags