Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Steering Magnetic Fields, Saturated Cores

Started by elgersmad, March 26, 2011, 02:13:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

elgersmad

Ok, these images may be hard to follow.  But, they are set up to utilize a permanent magnet inside of a transformer core and drive it into saturation.  In the image named Fields.bmp The magnetic field is set up like a Bistable Transistor Circuit.  The center post could be north to south or south to north at any given moment.  By preference when the permanent magnets are installed which ever one is slightly stronger or makes mechanical contact first will pick the direction of magnetic lines through the center post.

If you have FEMM, the short orange band, is the biasing windings.  That coil is used to flip the polarity of center post.  In any case north to south can be held in place by the magnet on the far side, and the intersection where the biasing coil is wound is always negligible.  Below that is the power out coil.  The magnets are chosen for strength to insure that when polarity flips, the core goes into saturation as a result.

The second bitmap image ER.bmp is the same idea except with more paths for the magnetic circuit to complete.  The biasing coil is represented by the two circles this time.  In FEMM one would be negative and the other positive.  Where the orange bands represent output coils that are run either in series or parallel.  The whole objective is again to saturate the core and force it to flip based upon the location of a single coil.  So, the iron butterfly should be capable of as much.  But, that would require custom stampings and laminations, where the other version could be done with a grinder or a hacksaw.

penno64

Hi Elger,

Can you shed some light on just how much power is required to flip the pole ?

Wouldn't this be wondeful for a motor that only need a spike to SWITCH the pole ?

Kindest Regards, Penno

elgersmad

You don't flip the poles.  I just finished writing to a fellow and after researching focusing magnetic fields in gapped magnet, saturation and paramagnetic materials found that you don't need to destroy any cores to do this.

If you take an E core and apply ns E ns with the E core pointing down or up that's all you need.  Basically, firing up the primary with any current reduces the inductance to an air core value as if the secondary were shorted all of the time.  The primary is then good for a parallel resonant circuit that will oscillate reliably at one frequency.  As long as there is not enough current to defeat the magnetic fields, all you do is steer them through the core.  From left to right south up over and down through the middle, or from left to right south down and up through the center post.  Once the core in full saturation and you have two large neodymium magnets present, that's all that happens.  It never falls out of saturation, and the magnets don't require any energy to do the job.  Those fields approach the core at a 90 degree angle in respect to the poles that would produced by the windings.  So, effectively you won't loose the measure Q value tapping the secondary for energy until you actually do something you can't, which is pull the core out of saturation.

I would highly suggest using ferrite cores or powdered metals due to frequency response.  Because, the primary is going to operate like it were an air core coil with just a very slightly higher inductance per turn.

penno64

Hi Elger,

Thanks for the prompt reply.

I am sure you can see where I was going (maybe).

Plenty of magnets (all sorts) and heaps of ferrite rods, tubes and rings.

I am currently toying with a rotor that, for want of a better term, wants to spin naturally.

That is - on a hdd plater, 16 mags "D" shaped, NS configuration.

The stator is currently 2 x MO fan coils with laminated plates.

I am now trying ferite rod 4" and neo mag at rear (away from rotor).

Again, Thanks for the reply.

Penno

elgersmad

I always cut the circle even vs odd.  So, the rotor would have an even number of magnets and the stator just one more.  Of course you must divide the circle many many times, and count magnetic lines.  I don't know why you would do that.  Because, if it did work, it would spin faster and faster and faster until it flew appart.  I have heard of such a thing.  So, remember that when or if you do that to work include a shorted inductor to place next to the rotor.  The closer it gets, the short causes opposition and will slow it down, and in effect act as a speed control.

I've looked into the field situations, and believe that it will and can work with thin neodymium magnets but not the thick ones.  No, I haven't built one.  But, I did get good look at the Perendeve motor, and at the point that they tried to scale up to a reasonable horsepower, it all fell appart.