Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

A Pendulum should really work

Started by elgersmad, March 28, 2011, 06:16:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lumen

Vidar,
In a rotary design, the RPM could be increased to some resonate frequency for higher gain.

The testing I have done was on a high voltage element for a lighter and the measured compression was only about .001 inch. The disks can deflect further but they don't need much deflection for a large output. I believe this is a workable concept with the main disadvantage that they may fail over time.

Low-Q

Quote from: lumen on April 08, 2011, 12:20:43 PM
Vidar,
In a rotary design, the RPM could be increased to some resonate frequency for higher gain.

The testing I have done was on a high voltage element for a lighter and the measured compression was only about .001 inch. The disks can deflect further but they don't need much deflection for a large output. I believe this is a workable concept with the main disadvantage that they may fail over time.
I think that if this works, my guess is that if something fails over time, it will already be covered by the "income" from such a design :)

A little rough, we can say that a modulus of elasticity of a quartz chrystal is about 70 GPa, so that compression of a 1 cm3 chrystal, will at 1 Newton force compress something like 1.4 nanometers. So there is not much compression to talk about.

Increasing the RPM will probably also increase efficiency as the electrostatic properties allows more current as the frequency increase.

Can't wait to try this out.

Vidar

Low-Q

A nice demonstration. It isn't much force required to ligt an LED. Ofcourse it doesn't require much energy to power an LED, but what if we apply tens of Newton, several hundered times pr. second? Should it at least be enough to run a small selfrunner?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xuw9frP1GNo&NR=1

DreamThinkBuild

Hi Low-Q,

I did a test with a piezo speaker through a 1/2 watt 10 ohm resistor.

The values back were between 10mv - 200mv. 200mv was obtained by dropping a 1/2" steel ball bearing on the piezo. This gives a range from low to high of 10uw - 4mw through 10ohms.

Low-Q

Quote from: DreamThinkBuild on April 08, 2011, 03:39:00 PM
Hi Low-Q,

I did a test with a piezo speaker through a 1/2 watt 10 ohm resistor.

The values back were between 10mv - 200mv. 200mv was obtained by dropping a 1/2" steel ball bearing on the piezo. This gives a range from low to high of 10uw - 4mw through 10ohms.
That is 4mW in a very short time, but from what altitude did you drop the steel ball from?
The LED in the video above require approx 3V and a few mA. Let's say that piezo generate approx 15mW just by tapping it gently with the fingertip.

Thanks for the info DreamThinkBuild, but I now suddenly realize that the point is however not how many watt you get out, but how the energy are generated. With my preliminary knowledge about piezos, these devices does not provide a counterforce when loaded by a LED or resistor. Yes, they will resist deflection when loaded, but the mechanical interference seems not to disturb or counter the force which is applied to it in a significant way.
This means one can put some kinetic energy into the piezo generator, without actually spending energy to generate this energy, because the kinetic energy you put in seems to be equal to the kinetic energy that bounce back once the piezo has being hit.

Like dropping a steel ball on a polished solid steel plate. It will bounce for quite some time, but the loud high frequency sound it makes at each bounce appearently seems to be "excess" energy - which in a piezo will be electric energy rather than sound.

Vidar