Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

How to calculate Pi to 1,000,000 places in your head .

Started by neptune, April 14, 2011, 01:36:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MasterPlaster

I was always taught that Pi is 22 divided by 7 .

You wait until I see my old maths teacher....

This kind of teaching is criminal.

mscoffman

Quote from: the_big_m_in_ok on April 14, 2011, 10:48:02 PM

@neptune
Actual, arithmetic pi isn't cyclic; it's absolutely random.

--Lee

Careful Lee, There are orders of randomness, just like there are orders
of infinity...there exists a computer
algorithm for computing the next decimal digit of pi without calculating
all the preceding digits...that algorithm represents a pattern. While
pi will appear to pass first order digit randomness tests...beating
deterministic random algorithms together, can cause less random,
more ordered outcomes then the product of their probabilities would
indicate.

:S:MarkSCoffman

neptune

I seem to have knack of opening cans of worms! For the first time I begin to understand why some state [Tenessee ?] passed a law that henceforth , the value of Pi was to be taken as 3.

ResinRat2

Henceforth, I decree that my Bank Account shall, from this moment forward, have the value of $1,000,000.00 into perpetuity. No matter how much I pull out, its value shall never diminish nor increase from this number. So be it, on this date of April 15, AD2011, so let it be done!!

Now all I need to do is get the rest of the world to believe me. LOL!

This website cracks me up.

Research is the only place in a company where you can continually have failures and still keep your job.

I knew immediately that was where I belonged.

vonwolf

I went to school with a kid that had pi memorized out to 3000 places, he wanted to get into to Guinness book of world records. He had a book that had 10 digits in 10 line blocks. You could give him any page and count down say 5 blocks and 3 blocks in and ask him the 3rd row and he could rattle off that 10 digit row, it was quite impressive.
   and no he never got the record, too many rules just try to get a public official to sit and verify some 16 year old kid rattling off pi to the 3000Th digit.
   Pete