Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

where to source toroid cores?

Started by walsh350, May 09, 2011, 05:51:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magluvin

no,  not cheeky.   lol

Especially in China, they want your business. Dont think of it as a handout. Its a real part of R&D.   Why order 10 or 1000 if they are not working for you. ;]  If it were an electric bike, ehh, samples not available. lol  But cores? 

Try to order samples from different companies. Even if they want you to pay for the sample, at least you wont end up with many that are not good for you. ;] Get several sizes. Find what works.

But at least we have these sources none the less.

Mags

walsh350

Yeah, I see your point. Essentially what we are doing is R&D.

Have already mailed a couple of companies with some initial enquiries.

Cheers

quantumtangles

I grabbed a couple of 4 inch circular composite ferrite toroid cores on ebay for about $12 dollars each.

I tried and failed to make torus shapes for my windings from papier mache (this took hours, ruined my bunker and they fell apart when I tried to peel them off the die/mould).

However there are cool videos about making your torus toroids on Youtube, and some interesting winding configurations.

They range from the mundane to the fabulously zany (mark rodin's coils being interesting mathematically in terms of the winding configuration which he calls vortex maths). www.markorodin.com

triffid

I have two ideas for cheap sources of iron.Wire clothes hangers which may be in your closet. second magnetic black sand from the river mixed with a resin that hardens.You have to use a mold to pour the mixture in before it hardens.I had a friend who used black sand and resin.Wire clothes hangers would give you something to work with quickly.I have no data on numbers.Just two ideas on sources of cheap iron for your project.Of course a magnet should stick to your wire hangers.I have seen the magnetic black sand resin mixture after it hardens.A magnet sticks to it just fine. triffid

triffid

If you have done any gold panning you should have seen black sand.Use a magnet to separate the sand that is magnetic from the nonmagnetic black sand.It is about half and half in my experience.triffid