Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Virtual replication of RomeroUK motor/generator by 3D FEM modeling

Started by teslaalset, June 06, 2011, 02:10:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wings

[quote author=teslaalset link=topic=10841.msg289888#msg289888 date=1307431511
I can generate AVI files too, but they are much larger than the animated GIF.
I will post an AVI later this week.

Round trip is simple, this only requires 22.5 degrees of simulaton and then loop it.
I'll post it.

[/quote]

22.5 = 360/8/2 larger than 20 = 360/9/2 , this mean that you find symmetric effect in the coil? there is no type of hysteresis

teslaalset

Quote from: wings on June 07, 2011, 04:55:38 AM
22.5 = 360/8/2 larger than 20 = 360/9/2 , this mean that you find symmetric effect in the coil? there is no type of hysteresis

You are partly right, Wings.
It depends on what coil you watch the details.
If I zoom into a coil where the rotor magnet position is started 11.25 degrees before the intended stator coil and then simulate a rotation stroke of 22.5 degrees, it will give sufficient info to represent reproducable fllux variations.

wings

Quote from: teslaalset on June 07, 2011, 05:07:49 AM
You are partly right, Wings.
It depends on what coil you watch the details.
If I zoom into a coil where the rotor magnet position is started 11.25 degrees before the intended stator coil and then simulate a rotation stroke of 22.5 degrees, it will give sufficient info to represent reproducible flux variations.
I see ... the hysteresis of B-H curves
interesting;
the simulation can be useful to see the electromagnetic interaction, how you can see the electronic part like current, voltage with high capacitance?

EMdevices

@ teslaalset

I'm studying your model and the results, as we speak, and I'll comment more intelligently shortly,  but thank you for doing these simulations and models, they look great!.

EM

PS.   Ok, here's some questions teslaalset,   

How do you derive the force that you plot?   Do you first use the calculator inside Maxwell to sum up the surface forces vectoraly, and then take this resultant vector and do a dot product with a unit vector in the direction of the motion?  this is how it should be done from what I remember.

also, it would be nice to produce a smoother force profile, and I would expect it from the software as this is a very simple model.  So I'm wondering how you actualy modeled the coil?  And I mean the coil not the ferrite core?

And most importantly, make sure you use the SAME mesh for all the 3 different scenarios,  and use a highest fidelity mesh generated with the closest gap and the magnet at TDC, and make sure you tell the mesher to use symetry, as the mesh will not always be symetric just because your model is symetric.   Symetry of the mesh, about the TDC line, is very important in this setup as we are trying to look for an inbalance in the forces. 

Anyway, give those comments some thought.    Good work! 

teslaalset

Quote from: wings on June 07, 2011, 10:12:39 AM
I see ... the hysteresis of B-H curves
interesting;
the simulation can be useful to see the electromagnetic interaction, how you can see the electronic part like current, voltage with high capacitance?

@Wings,
I am not sure I understand your remark on B-H curves.
What I see is that in the example of a single coil / two magnets the magnet passes by, starting from left, to TDC, then to right, so currents in the coil will make a positive and negative swing.

Regarding the electrical part, Maxwell can inmport electrical circuits. In this case a simple one that romeroUK uses, kind of. Currents and voltages can be monitored by placing meters in the circuit, like I did in the above example.