Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Way Overunity device sold in Marine stores ;) Expain this please

Started by e2matrix, July 18, 2011, 12:33:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nul-points

Quote from: e2matrix on July 18, 2011, 01:04:29 AM
Continuing a little research I find other manufacturers are claiming the same.  Garmin has one that states it uses a maximum 3.5 watts (power usage or input) and is so stated right in the owner manual but it puts out 100 watts RMS or 800 watts peak to peak.  So this is common practice I guess for fish finders.  What is going on here ?

hi e2

the better audio amp mfrs usually give just the true RMS (continuous) o/p performance, and this will be conservatively inside the supply V x I(fuse) rating

the guitar and instrument amp market are usually the 'bad boys' for using a rating system like peak-to-peak to inflate the apparent performance of their devices - and so these values could appear to be up to 2x OU when looking at the supply V x I (fuse) rating

since the depth sounder values are consistently so many times OU it's probably that these are not 'continuous' values

i believe that the depth finding process is pulse driven (like an audio radar) so if the pulse period were, for example, 100ms and the repetition rate was 1 second then all the energy would be compressed into 1/10 of the cycle

the Mfr would be correct in saying that the POWER of the pulse burst used in the system was up to 10 times the supply power

taken over one second, however, the ENERGY of the whole system would still come out underunity

i think this would all be a completely valid approach because i'd imagine that the greater the power of the pulse burst, the better range the system would have

also depth finders can be used to indicate shoals of fish below, and i guess that a  higher power  would give a greater depth at which you can still detect the fish, so the power would be an important value to know

labelling both RMS & pk-to-pk values, of course, is getting dragged back into the same old marketing ploy used by amp mfrs!

hope this helps
np

http://docsfreelunch.blogspot.com
"To do is to be" ---  Descartes;
"To be is to do"  ---  Jean Paul Sarte;
"Do be do be do" ---  F. Sinatra

Pirate88179

Does this mean that the 14" fish I caught the other day is really 29"?  If so, this is really cool.

Does this company make condoms?

Bill
See the Joule thief Circuit Diagrams, etc. topic here:
http://www.overunity.com/index.php?topic=6942.0;topicseen

nul-points

Quote from: Pirate88179 on July 18, 2011, 01:47:39 AM
Does this mean that the 14" fish I caught the other day is really 29"?  If so, this is really cool.

Does this company make condoms?

Bill

LOL

of course, as a fisherman Bill, you'd already know that a 14" fish is always going to get reported as 29"

i don't know whether the same principle also applies in other areas of a fisherman's life!  ;)
"To do is to be" ---  Descartes;
"To be is to do"  ---  Jean Paul Sarte;
"Do be do be do" ---  F. Sinatra

SchubertReijiMaigo

No OU, it's a foolish advertisement like audio amp, they obviously confound Watts, Watts RMS, Watts peak, and Musical Watts, so you have 4 5 different "Watt" measurements, recently I have bought a 1200 Watts amplifier, with a 200 watts input and a transformer rated at 100 watts (the real input)...    ::)  :P

Yeah it's funny :D

WilbyInebriated

by the way, if anyone here is in advertising or marketing, kill yourself...
bill hicks on marketing:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDW_Hj2K0wo
There is no news. There's the truth of the signal. What I see. And, there's the puppet theater...
the Parliament jesters foist on the somnambulant public.  - Mr. Universe