Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Ibpointless2 Crystal Cells

Started by ibpointless2, November 02, 2011, 02:54:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

triffid

I put six magnesium metal strips in a saturated borax solution(warm water).I got a few bubbles but nothing like the alum solution I used a few weeks back that threatened to completely dissolve them.So I left the strips in the warm borax solution for half an hour.Took them out with my fingers.These experiments are safe,safe,safe.Or I couldn't use my fingers.The magnesium strips had turned black while in solution!They had corroded to their black oxide color.I have them drying now.Tomorrow I will see if they are conductive .If they are then I will use them in another six cells with dandelion leaf.triffid

triffid

Thats great!PC,single cell lights!You do need a new ampmeter I guess?triffid

Peanutbutter29

First @ triffid.  I'm not sure exactly what "coating" you end up with in the Mg and Boric reaction.  Mg can't technically achieve a stable oxide in our cells because it converts to a hydroxide in water;  Also both are white.  I assume the brown tint is related to a boron cation;  most likely magnesium diborate, from what I can find.  The temp was not high enough for the formation of Magnesium Diboride, so that about leaves the prior mentioned.  If it's the diborate then you'd have to consider that as the anode for the reaction equation with your dandelion electrolyte. 

Next @ Phicell.  I did a bit of looking at reaction aspects for your new cells.  As I'd mentioned I'm not going to develop the full equation for multi-displacement reactions.  However,  I did  a bit to help and explain. 

First, here;  Oxalic acid and Al do react and form Aluminum Oxalate, so it does have the strength to penetrate the oxide barrier of Al.  It's actually used in modern automobile Aluminum and steel bodies for corrosion resistance though.  A 3% solution of Oxalic acid and then a post phosphorization treatment, makes the coatings highly resistant.  BKF, for cleaning is not recommended as it will "dull" the finish of Al.  A final note here, when used for corrosion resistance, they do pre-treat with an acid (hcl) to help remove the oxide layer;  so it's probably right at the edge of the "ability" to oxidize the oxide.
  Now, onto some reaction stuff for the cells;
I believe there is, at least, a triple replacement reaction on discharge;  and possibly a quinta (penta) replacement in a charge cycle..
Discharge, we would have first; Potassium Hydrogen Oxalate, then Magnesium Chloride and finally an Aluminum Sulfate
On the charge side, we would have;  Potassium Hydrogen Oxalate, Aluminum Oxalate, Aluminum Chloride, Aluminum Sulfate and Magnesium Sulfate.
You can see how there is much more going on, than with a single electrolyte
This is a good example though how multiple electrolytes can add to the current output, while still being in a similar potential voltage range between metal electrodes.  If the oxalic and other reactions keep the oxide off, then you'll show an appropriate voltage (1.7-1.9).

This brings me to "dielectric greases / coatings" , or more generally a conformal coating.  Petrol Jelly is included in this;  in fact ANY non-conductive coating.  I know this has become popular but there are some things to consider with them. Petrol Jelly has been used for this purpose, since at least the 50's.  All waterproof or underground cabling connectors come pre-packed with a grease.  It's purpose is, of course to prevent moisture penetration to the metal;  however being dielectric, it does increase the resistance of a connection.  With modern car connectors, this grease is assumed to be "pushed aside" on touching metal points and thus does not hurt current flow dramatically. 
  Now looking more specifically at these cells; we have a conductive metal with a coating dielectric and a conductive electrolyte on the other side.  This essentially creates a capacitive type junction and does two things.  First, the voltage across electrodes will be the same (if the dielectric is non reactive), as a capacitor has no issues transferring electrostatic tension.  Second, with a single electrolyte, the current available would be lowered to X degree.  This degree is based on the Dissipation factor of the dielectric, as well as the integrity of the conformal coating. 
   If we were to assume a low loss (high Q) dielectric and a perfect conformal coating;  then the output (with one electrolyte) would be 0.  But again, because this is a capacitive junction; the voltage would be the SAME as without it. 
   Next, if we consider a multi-electrolye / multi-replacement reaction in this same scenario;  E.g. a dielectric conformal around the anode.  If we have no loss and perfect conformal, then you still have 0 current;  however since the potential difference still exists between the electrodes, the inter-electrolyte reactions will still take place.  Now, since all of these greases have both dissipation factor and probably "Some" breach of conformity of the coating; current will still get through.  Last here, if we assume the coating is conformal then the current would be purely based on loss factor.
*A key point from above, specifically with multi-electrolytes, it may not be best to "reduce" your conductivity (current) by dielectrics;  if a greater portion of your current comes from said electrolyte interaction, as opposed to single electrolyte plate interaction.  E.G- it's exhausting at X rate based on the potential between electrodes regardless if you extract the electrons or not.  Actually, the resultant products are even different if the electrons are "left" in the reaction, rather than removed.
   A lot of the multi-electrolyte cells (with dielectric coatings) have mentioned a higher output for some period, then a drop to a very low amount.  This is related more to the "burn out" of the electrolyte interaction as opposed to a depleted anode.  So a balance of dissipation factor may be needed.
   Finally here with the dielectrics.  If you note a HIGHER current with the conformal coating as opposed to not being coated;  this means the dielectric is now Involved in the reaction and is being oxidized at some rate.  This could be easily possible with higher level acids or bases, silicon being the popular modern base; and all its' inherit problems.

To try and finish up my ramblings.  I would recommend a different avenue if one were to want protection without conduction loss.  I believe contact lubricants would be possibly a better choice.  They offer a similar protection of an insulating layer while actually increasing conduction!  Electrolube is one of the more popular types.  This material uses quantum tunneling for transfer of electrons.  A side note here, I would assume that dissipation, to some degree, in capacitors is related to QT as well. 

Hope this helps,
Thanks

triffid

Well I have good news the black magnesium strips conduct electricity.These are the ones left in a warm borax solution for 30 minutes to react.
The bad news is that this was not the color of the magnesium strips used in Mr.Blacks video clips.His were a frosty white color.The first strips I placed in a warm saturated water solution of alum ended up with a frosty white color.And will not conduct electricity.So I will use my black magnesium strips in a new set of six cells.triffid

triffid

A number of polymeric borate ions are known. They may be made by reacting B(OH)3 or B2O3 with metal oxides. Examples include:diborate B2O54âˆ' e.g. in Mg2B2O5 (suanite)   

from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Borate

http://webmineral.com/data/Suanite.shtml