Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Ibpointless2 Crystal Cells

Started by ibpointless2, November 02, 2011, 02:54:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhiChaser

Howdy all,
Well that was short lived party... The brighter the fire, the quicker the flame I guess. I uncoupled those cells last night, they died. Well not really, this morning they back to around a volt. So, back to the borax testing when I get more materials. Not knowing crap about chemistry really (except what PB manages to help get into my brain) I sort of figured I had to keep enough 'base' in the mix to offset the (oxalic) 'acid'. Or to put it another way, I used the BKF sparingly... Ideal conditions for the cell would be as you described (what I think you described...); The oxalic acid eats the outer oxidized layer on the Al, but just enough to let the Al accept more electrons (ions?) due to exposure to the electrolyte. The perfect mix would allow (time for?) the Al to self-heal (re-build to a certain extent) the oxide layer. Ideally the electrolyte would never actually 'get' to the Al, just 'almost'; enough to allow the (mostly?) full vA potential of the Al (through an ultrathin layer of O? H?).
It seems like the 'scales' would be easier to tip the more reactive you get. (Are fewer 'ingredients' less reactive?). I can see the chain reaction no longer eating the Al oxide enough to maintain the higher voltage levels OR going too 'deep' and eating away the Al eventually. Both would probably happen simultaneously right? Need coffee...
I will be exploring the BKF and Borax in more detail after I renew my supplies.
Maybe I will build a JT if I can find the parts cheap...
I'm a big fan of rechargeable batteries, so I will keep testing cells using this technique and keeping others uncharged for a baseline of course. When I find a mix that charges fast and gives me good vA for more than a few hours I will be on the right path. I want 1.6v @ 1-2mA (at least) that will last until morning (or a week, or a year, heh heh). 0.6v @ 100mA I could work with... Might as well ask for 12v right!?
Looking forward to pics of the Bile Pile...j/k Ewww. Maybe just start with some saliva triffid...
Another day at home with a sick kid... Ah, the joys of parenthood...

Happy experimenting,
PC

triffid

triffid

Order your steaks well done! No longer will I eat any steak rare.triffid

Somewhere I read that meat was an electrolyte.

No bile piles until I go fishing at the least.When?Good question.

PhiChaser

Hey all,
I've been low on funds for a bit so decided to cannibalize the epsom ratio test for 'trodes. Net result of those tests was that the ratio of ES to Durham's didn't make much of a difference (in the ratios I tried anyways).
So, my best cells so far were the ones I made using a bit of borax in the mix on the 19th and 20th of last month. The charged ones are still giving me over a volt and one of them (that actually got charged a few days after creation) is giving me about 10uA. Not much, but better than just D+ES...
The cells I made using BKF are reading very low, I'm guessing the 'trodes' have been corroded by the oxalic acid. Looks like I will be shelving the BKF like triffid did, oxalic acid is apparently too acidic.
I guess my next ratio tests will involve borax in different amounts.
Maybe I should try heat-melting the H2O with the ES and borax, then adding that hot soup to the Durham's?
The cells I made last night I tried to freeze so I could remove them from the ice cube trays. This allows air to get to all sides of the cell (the borax sort of 'skins') so it can dry... Mmph. So so results... Took'em out too early and they didn't all come out completely...Mostly hard this morning though... The readings weren't great uncharged so I haven't bothered hooking that batch up at all...
Anyways, I will be making some more cells sometime soon. A little borax goes a long ways...

Happy experimenting,
PC

triffid

Hi All,I had to wait another week to see how long my magnesium strips were going to last with my last(second) set of dandelion cells.I had protected these with petro jelly.So far two out of six magnesium strips have broken off ,snapped in half.So the oxalic acid from the dandelion leaf is still chewing up my magnesium electrodes.Four of the magnesium strips are still intact.All of the magnesium strips from the first set has snapped in half.So with the aluminum and copper wire electrodes I have seen no corrosion from the oxalic acid.

The first set of dandelion cells I saw my strongest outputs.A month later all the magnesium strip electrodes are snapped in half.

With the second set of dandelion cells I protected the magnesium strips with petro jelly,had reduced amps but same volts.And PB explained that in his posts.Much to my surprise. Not the first  time I observed something,then he explained it.

PB,keep up the good work!