Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Lafonte based torqueless generator.

Started by broli, January 09, 2012, 07:09:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

broli

This bug has been itching me for a very long time now and it's starting to annoy me. I really want to build a design based on lafonte's ideas whether it would work or not is currently of little significance, let's call it a psychological thing.

The biggest struggle was finding a design that fulfills these criteria:

-Simple to build
-No secondary or tertiary motion

The last one is critical if you studied lafonte's concepts. I wanted something that spins continuously at any given speed without any secondary or reciprocating motion in between 1 cycle. This would ensure the system to be simple, have little moving parts and handle high speeds.

The only simple design I came up with is a generator that uses the famously "zero gap zero force" effect, lets call it the ZGZF effect in short, idea shown here:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDDPHJY0s90

The point is that two magnets, irregardless of relative polarity, enclosed between steel will have no longitudinal, in the direction of motion, forces acting upon them. This concept is simple, easy to prove and simulate. In fact many of my FEMM simulation showed that the longitudinal forces remain negligible small, compared to no steel bars, the smaller you make the gap. For instance some showed a reduction of a factor of 185x less force. It doesn't matter if they are in attraction or repulsion or if one of their fields is stronger than the other

This basic idea is then translated into a generator where one of the magnet is a coil that generates a magnetic field due to the passing of the magnet. In a standard generator the coil will try to inhibit the motion of the rotating magnet, but the ZGZF effect will eliminate these longitudinal forces and the magnet will pass by effortlessly while the coil is generating any field it desires. Thus the field of the coil will have no effect on the magnet and you essentially have a back torqueless generator.

I had posted a similar design some time ago, but it would have been a pain in the a** to build such a design. That's why the latest design is intended to be more "user friendly" or rather machine friendly. The stator is made up of three main parts, these parts are meant to be laser cut on steel sheets and then bolted together through the holes. Then there are the smaller steel pieces that will attach to the block magnets in order to create an upper and lower curve as to the minimize the gap.

Currently I'm planning to make a cad drawing and sending it to a laser cutting company in order to get a price quote.

Low-Q

I will follow closely. Nice drawings, but it is some how hard to see the actual procedure during rotation. Is the orange parts a coil wounded around a magnet?

Vidar

broli

Yes they are coils fixed to the stator.

broli

A small update.

I found a company that will cut the steel sheets for a reasonable price, they have started the process and I should have them in a week. When I get them I would be able to assemble the stator.

There are still some questions;

1) What to use to insulate the plates from each other.
2) A good rotor design that will hold the magnets, and their end steel pieces, which is easy and cheap to machine (will probably need to ask another machine shop for this). If the stator is very precise then the air gaps can be chosen to be reasonably small for the magnet, but it would be a pain in the ass if the stator is uneven. Ideally I would like to be able to adjust the magnet on the rotor up and down easily to have an even air gap on both sides.

Also for bearing holders I'm considering these:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/4-pcs-shaft-end-supports-horizontal-type-SHF16-/180790637567?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a17f633ff

They are actually meant to fasten/support a shaft but I think they would do equally good as bearing holders? It's probably much cheaper than machining something that holds the bearings. One of the bigger advantages is that the holes of the SHF16 are 40mm apart exactly the dimension of my stator holes.

Would appreciate any suggestions or feedback.

Low-Q

Just a thin coat of varnish should do as insulation. You can buy these lacquer sprays in any hardware store.

Vidar