Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Heat conversion by using piezzo effect

Started by andreas_varesi, April 11, 2005, 06:59:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

andreas_varesi

I found a German patent from Michael Jennsen DE 199 42 739 A1. He uses piezzo ceramic rings with a diameter less than 0,1mm and a membrane out of noble metal. Driven by ambient temperature the gas pressure is quickly changing at the small membrane. A rectifier is used to transform the chaotic alternating current into usable direct current. At this point I fear that the voltage of the small piezzo elements is to low to overcome the threshold voltage of a normal rectifier. Has any one experience with this invention?

Thanks in advance

Andreas

betajim

As long the voltage generated by the piezo-electric element is greater than 0.6 volts the
rectifier will conduct current. Here is a neat trick that I use to demonstrate the piezo-electric
effect: take a piezo-electric buzzer element (the kind that are round brass disks) and connect
a LED to the two leads of the element. When the piezo disk is tapped (I use the eraser end
of a pencil) the LED will flash.

Take care.

Charlie Brown ARN

I imagined using nanometer scale speaker coils and magnetic slugs or pizeoelectric elements feeding bridge rectifiers to make a strong challenge to? 2LT, the widely accepted law leading to the Grey Death of the Universe, then I pared down the design to the rectifiers. To continue the persuasion, we need to optimize the geometry of the conceptual piezoelectric device to deliver a high voltage under Brownian impacts. One approach, imaginary parts costing nothing, is to use transformers. The pizeoelectric device / transformer (Brownian, mrechanical) can be replaced by a high value resistor (Johnson, electronic).? ?

Aloha, Charlie

Charlie Brown ARN

Another transducer is the elctret microphone. Electrets are permenently electrostatically polarized materials.

Going in a new direction, imagine nanoscale pillars of polarized electret material inside a diode bridging the junction. Perhaps that would bias a diode for small signal work. This has been in my idea closet for years. Thanks for letting me be comfortable enough to share it.

Aloha, Charlie

andreas_varesi

Hi Charlie,

the idea using an electret for bridging the threshold voltage of a diode is great. May I take the liberty of awarding you my private Nobel prize  ;D
But there is already the next question, do you have any idea whether it is possible to miniaturize an electret down to some nanometers by retaining a voltage of about 0,5V?  :'(

Regards
Andreas