Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Ignition Coil Won't Spark from Mosfet but DOES spark By Hand??? HELP!?

Started by pha3z, February 16, 2012, 03:58:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WilbyInebriated

tinsel koala... the perfect blend of sophistry and moronic that gives us the word sophomore; the pretender to wisdom.
There is no news. There's the truth of the signal. What I see. And, there's the puppet theater...
the Parliament jesters foist on the somnambulant public.  - Mr. Universe

fritz

Your coil is perfectly right.....

A typical ignition coil is designed for a max of 8000 rpm´s.
With a four-stroke engine  you will get  an ignition per revolution.
So the maximum rated frequency is 133 Hz (!!!).  so not even kHz.
So it fires every 8ms.
To achieve the maximum performance - there will be about >5ms to "load" the coil and the rest for the spark _(if not even more loading time)

The amount of voltage applied vs. time vs. inductivity gives you the energy stored in the coil.
This energy is released on turning off.
If you operate the coil with 100khz instead of 133Hz - you would need about more than 800 times more voltage to get the same charge in.
Instead of 12 V you would need 9000V switched to get the same energy.
But your coil ist designed with isolation restricted to somewhat beyond ;-))

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inductance

The lower the frequency and the longer you switch in the current - the more energy you get into the coil. This is just limited by the ohmic resistance of the copper.
With charging time about 1s - I remember sparks of 2-4cm from an ingnition coil.

With 100kHz and 12V - there will be no ignition coil at all to produce useful sparks.

TinselKoala

Are you folks not able to watch the YT videos I posted of my IGNITION COIL making 3-4 cm HOT ARCS on the small Jacob's Ladder, using 12 V input and a 555 timer switching a power transistor??

I think it's hilarious that people are telling me all these reasons why I can't be doing what I'm doing. I even publish the schematic, ffs. But what else do I expect from this forum. Nineteen threads discussing things that can't possibly work or be useful in any way, and this thread.... where I am apparently doing the impossible, according to you.

And of course there's my own personal troll, who follows me everywhere like a sick puppy dog, and still is worried about which MOSFET I used debunking Ainslie years ago -- but has not made a single comment about her revealed error which totally invalidates all her claims.