Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Adobe Reader X update: unable to save files anymore

Started by Qwert, August 13, 2012, 09:33:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Qwert

I have updated recently Adobe Reader 10 (or so - don't know, coz the new update erased everything old) and in effect, I have no more access to saving and other options, even changing size. So, I guess the best solution to avoid these "improvements" is just to ignore updating.

TinselKoala

Or use Ubuntu Linux, which comes with its own, free, Adobe reader that allows saving etc.

And tell Adobe and Micro$haft they can "put it" wherever the BSOD is kept.

MasterPlaster

I guess it was not a legal copy. If so, do not upgrade and use your firewall to block anything to do with adobe from accessing the internet.

Qwert

To my knowledge it was free if not used for professional purposes. Til yesterday. All updates ran smoothly, til yesterday. Anyway, good ideas, guys. Thanks.

CompuTutor

The inability to inhibit Active-X, embedded macro's, JavaScript, and various other automation (even when unchecked in the settings menu !) have made even the free Adobe Acrobat reader a poor choice due to endless security risks and hacker exploits for many years now.

Use the older version of the free reader from Foxit Software (.com)
to save copies of all PDF files, and extract pics from them, etc.

The newer ones are OK too,
but the older ones will let you (even) save files
that are marked to NOT let you save a copy for yourself....

http://www.foxitsoftware.com/Secure_PDF_Reader/

Hoep this helps.