Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

need help with volts and amps

Started by Grone, August 22, 2012, 08:02:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grone

Hello,

maybe this is a 'stupid' question...
if I have around 2000 volts with only a few milliamps, can i convert it to 12 volts and at least 1 amp?

Thank you

Groundloop

Quote from: Grone on August 22, 2012, 08:02:09 AM
Hello,

maybe this is a 'stupid' question...
if I have around 2000 volts with only a few milliamps, can i convert it to 12 volts and at least 1 amp?

Thank you

Hi Grone,

Print out this chart and tape it on your lab area wall.
http://cdpropowercords.files.wordpress.com/2011/01/ohms.jpg

If you know the exsakt voltage and amperage of your input then you can use Ohms law
to calculate what output you will get. If you have approx. 2000 Volt AC as you input,
then you can use a micro wave transformer in reverse to get a low voltage (and higher
amperage.)

Groundloop.

fritz

Quote from: Grone on August 22, 2012, 08:02:09 AM

Hi,

If you want 12V@1Amp we talk about a Power of P=UxI = 12V x 1 Amp = 12 Watts

If our source Voltage is 2000 V, the needed source current would be > I = P/U = 12W / 2000V = 6mA, or even more
depending on the efficiency of the converter.

For various technical  voltage/current situations - there are optimized converters.
Conversion from 2000V DC down to 12 V is a very unusual conversion - so there are no simple out-of-the-box approaches.
Typical semiconductors, transistors, fets used for switching supplies can handle maximum voltage of 600V, state-of the art uptto 1500V,  2000V ist typically above.

If we were talking about 2000V and _energy supply_ with lots of amps - there are thyristor modules which can chop your 2000V into AC - and the voltage could be stepped down with a transformer.

With just a very little current consumed - I have no simple idea at hand.

A basic principle is that the efficiency of the conversion decreases with the voltage span needed.

Making high voltage out of low voltage is even a very simple thing using a flyback transformer.

There ar 3 concepts : transformers (need ac)
                                  magentic switch mode (using rf transformer or flyback)
                                  charge pumps (using switched capacitors)

All 3 concepts need ac or a way to switch the dc current making a pulsed one out of it.
Having more than 600V - we would need a series of fets or transistors - to achieve the high voltage.
Then you would need a transformer which handles the 2000 - to 12 volt conversion - maybe in your case a series of
2 converters would be the solution.

Having conversion 1 from 2000V DC down to 240VAC,
and a second conversion using traditional power supply from 240 downto 12.

What I recall there are 2kV power lines and transformers - but not for 12W.

- conclusion: technically not impossible, but difficult because no standard circuits/schematics/components available.
                     probably difficult to achieve high efficiency.

Grone

Grone

Hi Groundloop

I have around 2000 volts DC (20 milliamps) , can I use the microwave transformer with some oscillator?

for me it is also ok to have AC as the final output (up to 50 V) 

Thanks

Quote from: Groundloop on August 22, 2012, 08:34:13 AM
Hi Grone,

Print out this chart and tape it on your lab area wall.
http://cdpropowercords.files.wordpress.com/2011/01/ohms.jpg

If you know the exsakt voltage and amperage of your input then you can use Ohms law
to calculate what output you will get. If you have approx. 2000 Volt AC as you input,
then you can use a micro wave transformer in reverse to get a low voltage (and higher
amperage.)

Groundloop.