Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Heron's Fountain

Started by Pirate88179, August 28, 2012, 09:22:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pirate88179

This past weekend I constructed a Heron's Fountain according to the attached diagram.  I will post a video of it in operation when I get a chance.  This is a really cool project and cost me nothing to build.  It is amazing to see the water lifted higher than the starting point.  More later...

Bill

Instructions I used are here: http://blog.makezine.com/2008/06/08/build-herons-fountain-1/  I modified a few things to fit the materials I had laying about.
See the Joule thief Circuit Diagrams, etc. topic here:
http://www.overunity.com/index.php?topic=6942.0;topicseen

TinselKoala

Good for you! I think I used the same diagram for my first one too.

For my latest version I used some bigger plastic jars from instant coffee, and I stacked the lids and jars a little differently.
I've found that PermaTex (3M) Super WeatherStrip Adhesive, the yellow kind, found in car parts stores, works well for gluing these plastics. Sand the surfaces, degrease with MEK, follow instructions on the glue, and you will get a good, airtight and water resistant bond.

I think it's hilarious that Heron of Alexandria also invented the first coin-operated vending machine: A Holy Water dispenser.

Pirate88179

TK:

Good tips, thanks.  I used my hot glue gun and it worked well.  I did have to touch up a few joints but it worked on the first try.  I used small 16 oz bottles and a few tupperware type pieces.  The onlyy thing is, the "supply" bottle empties fairly quickly...so i put a nozzle on the end of the fountain head with a reduced diameter and it makes it last longer but...it still empties.  Is the supply bottle supposed to refill at all during this process?  Obviously it can't on a 1 for 1 basis but, is there any way to partially refill the supply bottle while it is running from some of the drain from the fountain cup?

I showed a friend of mine and he said there is no way that the water was going to go higher than it started out....which is what I thought too.  It sprays out with good pressure with the restricted nozzle.

Vending machine you say?  I had not read that.

Bill
See the Joule thief Circuit Diagrams, etc. topic here:
http://www.overunity.com/index.php?topic=6942.0;topicseen

Magluvin

So the real trick would be to have the top container drain into the second chamber and that pressurizes the bottom chamber to force the fountain from the bottom chamber.

Now we are filling the second chamber and depleting the bottom. After all is said and done, if its possible, it wont require work to get the water from the second chamber to the bottom again. ;]

MaGs

Magluvin