Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Probality of God

Started by Newton II, September 14, 2012, 01:33:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hoptoad

Quote from: gravityblock on November 12, 2012, 12:20:46 AM
No, I'm not retracting my claim.  They were wrong before, and they are wrong again.  According to them, Mercury is the only body in the solar system known to have an orbital/rotational resonance with a ratio other than 1:1.  This is my proof that Mercury isn't behaving like the other planets with a resonance, thus it's a satellite of the sun.

Gravock
So by your reasoning, if a dozen people act in a certain way, and a thirteenth person acts differently, then that person is not called a person, due to their different behaviour.  ::)

gravityblock

Quote from: hoptoad on November 12, 2012, 12:26:08 AM
So by your reasoning, if a dozen people act in a certain way, and a thirteenth person acts differently, then that person is not a person, due to their different behaviour.  ::)

No, but this isn't the case with an object such as Mercury which has no awareness of it's own to change it's behavior to that which it is not.  Let's say we have a dozen rocks and a piece of petrified wood which looks similar in nature to the other rocks.  Is this petrified piece of wood behaving differently than the other 12 rocks?  No, so should we declare all 13 are rocks because they have the same behavior?  No, but if we run experiments on these objects, then we'll see one of them is of a different nature than the other 12.  This is the case with Mercury, which according to them, is the only body in the solar system with an orbital/rotational resonance which differ from the rest of the other planets. 

Gravock
Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, and expecting a different result.

God will confuse the wise with the simplest things of this world.  He will catch the wise in their own craftiness.

hoptoad

Quote from: gravityblock on November 12, 2012, 12:58:41 AM
No, but this isn't the case with an object such as Mercury which has no awareness of it's own to change it's behavior to that which it is not.  Let's say we have a dozen rocks and a piece of petrified wood which looks similar in nature to the other rocks.  Is this petrified piece of wood behaving differently than the other 12 rocks?  No, so should be declare all 13 are rocks because they have the same behavior?  No, but if we run experiments on these objects, then we'll see one of them is of a different nature than the other 12.  This is the case with Mercury.

Gravock

All the planets have at least one unique property. They are all uniquely different, but they are all called planets by international agreement. Suits me.

gravityblock

Quote from: hoptoad on November 12, 2012, 12:19:11 AM
Well that depends on which "they" doesn't it.?  If you take the relativistic view of gravity founded in the early 20th century, (and which is currently still the most widely accepted view by western astronomers and cosmologists) , then gravity is described as an effect, not a force.

It would seem you haven't yet caught up with the 20th century, let alone the 21st century.

An effect without a cause, like the Big Bang.  I choose number 1 below.  It's the most rational.  And if gravity is described as an effect and not a force in the 21 century, then why are they trying to unify gravity with the other fundamental forces of nature?  Makes no sense at all.  You totally contradicted yourself, or is science contradicting itself.  Doesn't really matter, because you believe this nonsense.

1.)  Everything (effect) from God (cause).
2.)  Everything (effect) from nothing (cause).

Gravock
Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, and expecting a different result.

God will confuse the wise with the simplest things of this world.  He will catch the wise in their own craftiness.

gravityblock

Quote from: hoptoad on November 12, 2012, 01:15:24 AM
All the planets have at least one unique property. They are all uniquely different, but they are all called planets by international agreement. Suits me.

Yes, and all of the bodies in the solar system share the same orbital/revolution resonance except for one, which makes it different than the others.  Categorize Mercury as a satellite as it is, then all of the planets in the solar system will share at least one common property so they may be referred to by the same name, such as planets.

Gravock