Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Probality of God

Started by Newton II, September 14, 2012, 01:33:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hoptoad

Quote from: eatenbyagrue on December 11, 2012, 09:03:48 PM
snip...
For example, I propose that the afterlife is just an endless dinner at TGI Friday's.
Do they serve bread and butter pudding there?   Hmmmnnn Yummmm .... slobbers ..... KneeDeep

scratchrobot

Quote from: Gwandau on December 11, 2012, 05:41:21 PM

I put that question to the faithers in an earlier post, just to get their thought processes beyond the immediate fixation upon converting everybody, and the only response I got was.... exactly that, trying to convert you. Your question actually give them the impression that you are a potential convert. They just don't seem to have the ability to reflect upon such questions, since it is violating their life changing decision to solely rely on faith. If any respons is given, it is always in the direction of dogmatic persuation.

I told them I really did not like their god and what he stands for and my question was that if I was a good man doing everything I could to ease the suffering for my fellow humans and lived a life filled with respect for all living beings, was I then forced to live in their heaven anyway even if I did not want to? Since I obviously would not be welcome in hell, where was I to go?

As I mentioned, they did not have the mental ability to respond to my question, they just started one of their monologues.

Cheers,

Gwandau
You are right maybe i was to optimistic with my question. I think i can answer your question, you go nowhere :)

Quote from: Trino Cularoid on December 11, 2012, 08:56:23 PM
My simplified version: There are different levels of "heaven" (and "hell"). Most get kind of stuck on a lower level for a while, which has a section with the angry old man and harps, another with nothingness, a section with the 72 (perpetual) virgins, etc., but basically it is what you expect, your version of heaven or hell.
Usually from there you go back to a next life. If you feel you're done, you go to a higher level which is kind of merging with groups. At the top level you're merging with everything that exists (which includes all lower levels). All these level and sections can be intersected in multiple ways so it can be quite complex and because of these many, many intersections it can look quite different for everybody.

I like your version but you did not answer my question. Maybe this is what Gwandau was talking about  ;)

Trino Cularoid

Quote from: scratchrobot on December 12, 2012, 02:36:30 AMI like your version but you did not answer my question.
Sorry, I assumed by answering the second question it would be clear that I meant "yes" to the first one – assuming the being in question has an understanding of the concepts of "saint" and "heaven", which might be quite different from yours or mine also.

scratchrobot

Quote from: Trino Cularoid on December 12, 2012, 06:27:43 AM
Sorry, I assumed by answering the second question it would be clear that I meant "yes" to the first one – assuming the being in question has an understanding of the concepts of "saint" and "heaven", which might be quite different from yours or mine also.

Okay thank you for clarifying your answer.

Gwandau

@ scratchrobot and Trino Cularoid,

There actually is one person who claims to be regularly visiting what he calls "the transit hall" during so called lucid dreaming. (Lucid dreaming= being aware that you are dreaming) His name is Robert Moss, a well known profile in lucid dream research as a lucid dream teacher and author of several books. He call it the Transit Hall since it according to him is were newly dead people arrive temporarily before moving on to other places.

He says that the transit hall resides at the border of a different dimension where people go when they die. He says most people newly arrived to the Transit Hall have one thing in common, they are completely unaware that they are dead. When the fact finally dawns upon them they spontaneously move on to other places, towards the lighter areas at hand or toward the darker areas, all depending on the mental and moral state of the dead.

When his father died, Moss was dedicated to identify him in the "transit hall" and help him to become aware that he was dead. He found his father sitting on a rocking chair on a porch quite similar to his own home, but when he embraced him and told him to move on towards the light, his father stressed that he had something important to share.

He then told him that he secretely had been investing in the real estate business for years without his wifes knowledge or consent. In this Transit hall Robert Moss got bank account numbers and safety box information that Robert Moss later in waking life could claim and share with his family.

Fantastic story, but I have read all his books, and everything he have taught me regarding Lucid dreaming has been of great help in my own research into this realm, and he seems a very simple and honest man with a humble approach to life.

If it is true what Robert Moss claims to have seen and experienced, then we all are going somewhere. But according to him, no god is awaiting you in the transit hall. You are all by yourself, save for guys like him trying to wake you up.

He says he have met many ateists in this Transit hall, and they all start out with no eyesight and no hearing capability. They just lie there on the floor of the Transit Hall, paralyzed. When he sits down beside them and make body contact, they start to react, and after some conversation with him, they finally open their eyes and start becoming aware of the surroundings.

According to him there are all kinds of reactions expressed in the Transit Hall. Sometimes he finds clusters of copulating people, quite impossible to reach contact with, and sometimes he sees a wall street guy running late for a train that never comes.

At one specific time he went to the Transit Hall to find out what happened to a pedofile priest that killed the boy and then commited suicide. The same day he read the news in the paper he went to the transit hall to look for the priest as well as his victim, since he was not sure the boy would manage by himself to get away from the priest.

He found the descent down into the darker areas of the transit hall but was deflected by the panicking reaction of the shady figures he run into down there due to the bright light shining from his astral body, so he created a cloak that he managed to hide himself in and after some searching in those strange and dark areas he managed to identify the pedofile priest. In the priests firm grip was the poor boy.

By removing his cloak the light emanating from him was too much for the pedofile priest and Robert Moss managed to free the boy and bring him up to the surface where he helped him to find his way into whatever direction he wanted. The twisted priest had some long years ahead down in the shady areas, which probably led further down onto dimensions that has given rise to the legends of hell. But according to Moss there has never been any sign of any god or any christian version of the afterlife. According to him we are just as much alone there as we are here. Its all up to us, wether we live on physical earth or in the afterlife/inbetweenlife dimensions.

I am sure this story will get both the ateists the faithers upset if they happen to read the above story, but that's just what one should expect, isn't it? ;)

To keep to the topic, one could summarize that according the the Moss version of what happens after death, the probability of god is just as unlikely as the probability of an afterlife dimension is likely.

Gwandau