Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

CG Showcase of Overbalanced Wheel

Started by helloha, September 20, 2012, 09:55:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

helloha

AquariuZ

Very very nice!

Can you please tell us more on the 3D software used, specifically what parameters where used with regards to friction, gravity, materials, elasticity etc etc.

Just to see if it is viable to try and create a real world model.

Thank you for sharing this.

DreamThinkBuild

Hi Helloha,

Welcome to the forum.

Those are interesting designs. What kind of friction settings were used for that model? I don't really trust simulations but the multi-layer design is pretty unique. Looks almost like a double helix path when looked on the edge.

These designs would be good candidates for 3D printers. You can do some crazy stuff with 3D printers that would be near impossible by hand. :)

helloha

been using autodesk 3dsmax for modeling and physics simulation. But the software are meant mainly for game and cinematic animation, so accuracy on the physics i don't expect much. Parameters provide basic feature, friction, gravity, elasticity, drag (i think its air drag, no idea). Reason why i only model wheel with balls rotating, ... or maybe its my lack of skills.

if want to real world model, can choose CAD-specific software, like autodesk inventor or solidworks etc

to DreamThinkBuild, same mindset, i also don't fully trust simulations, i use 3d and sim to have better perspective (way better on sketches & papers). actually i was surprised some of the sim can rotate... hmm

drop ball action with wheel

http://youtu.be/1VIYHqRD-Wg
http://youtu.be/Jm8yPyUq7CE