Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

New lifter design in progress

Started by Sojourner, April 01, 2005, 10:44:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sojourner

Wow! Nice forum look!

Is anyone here done any work in lifter-technology-assisted aircraft? I am in the process of building one, but I would like to get some ideas for the best way to make a super-lightweight power supply.

I had seen some 1 Farad aerogel capacitors somewhere for sale for a dollar apiece and wondered if they would be better than batteries. They certainly would be lighter.

Also, I was thinking of a W-C multiplier set-up in lieu of a flyback. Can anyone tell me the pros/cons they have experienced with such things?

Thanks  :)

SOj

PaulLowrance

Yes.  I had great old fun building one.  They?re amazing!  I used an old TV which works great.  The bigger the TV the more voltage.  I had a somewhat small TV and I?d say it put out at least 30KV.  Be careful what ever you do!  They put out a lot of current for the voltage and can kill you in a heart beat!  That?s the only drawback, but I think the lifters require some good current.  Maybe a VanDergraph generator would work  Probably not enough current though.

Paul

Sojourner

I have several lifters. My planned one is autonomously powered and remote controlled. Finding a suitable inky-binky power supply though is difficult.

I HAVE one that I built from a schematic I got off the internet that uses batteries and a flyback, and it ALSO has two adjustable pots but unfortunatley I was sloppy in my work and it didn't work.

I bought the proper stuff this time for it to make a pc board for it, but, alas, I cannot find the schematic anywhere, even on the internet!

Soj

PaulLowrance

Do you have an idea how much weight it can lift?

Paul

Sojourner

The lifter? I have no idea how much payload it can take dead-on loaded, because there will be multiple non-powered technologies involved that will be used and the weight of the power/remote control system will play a large part of the size issue here.. The planned actual weight of the lifter itself  even with the power suppply will be negligable. It will barely stay grounded.

For a vertical take-off though, I doubt more than a few grams of payload unless it is countered with reverse ballasting. Then again, with angular take-off, who knows!

=)

Soj