Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Donald Smith Device self looping no cap no batteries bright Lights !

Started by gadgetmall, November 09, 2012, 06:22:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TinselKoala

Hmmm... perhaps there's something wrong with your image viewer. At 100 percent size, I can't really see much difference in the two files. There is a bit of color shift. The jpg is smaller, but I've also seen cases where  that didn't happen, too.
I downloaded both files and brought them up in Image Viewer and had them display at 100 percent, then took a screenshot and saved that as .png so there shouldn't be any further distortion.

e2matrix

Quote from: verpies on November 14, 2012, 01:52:15 PM
Maybe for photos but not for my diagram.

Did you check the file sizes before you wrote this?
Compare my crisp PNG and Gadgetmall's blurry JPG.
No, overunity.com is Stefan Hartmann's forum.
If Aaron is the owner of Energeticforum, then who is Stephen ???

Why did you write this statement below, if Stephen is neither the owner of Energeticforum nor the owner of Overunity.com?:If Energeticforum is Aaron's forum then blindly converting attachments to JPEG and ruining their quality is Aaron's fault (not Stephen's and not Stefan's).
Just a typo - what Qwert said.   I think the spelling 'Stefan' is less common here than it probably is in Germany where he's from.   I'm surprised you didn't understand my intent with only an error in spelling and it seems you still don't want to deal with the fact that you are taking bandwidth from one web site for another web site.  It's not okay and I simply wanted to make you aware of that so you don't get booted from here.  It's no real sweat off my back - it's not my nickel and I'm no mod.  Just trying to help.  The solution as I mentioned is simple enough.  Just upload to any of dozens of free image hosting sites or your own web site if you have one.  I can even tell you where you can get your own free web site - ad free.   But we are way off topic here and we don't really need to continue this.  It's your choice to do whatever you want with the info. 

hoptoad

Quote from: TinselKoala on November 14, 2012, 04:19:17 PM
Hmmm... perhaps there's something wrong with your image viewer. At 100 percent size, I can't really see much difference in the two files. There is a bit of color shift. The jpg is smaller, but I've also seen cases where  that didn't happen, too.
I downloaded both files and brought them up in Image Viewer and had them display at 100 percent, then took a screenshot and saved that as .png so there shouldn't be any further distortion.

Are you using Ubuntu Linux system? Just curious.

TinselKoala

Quote from: hoptoad on November 15, 2012, 12:49:06 AM
Are you using Ubuntu Linux system? Just curious.
Yes, for years. Just upgraded the system to 11.10 last week. I don't use the (now default)  "Unity" desktop, though, I use the old Gnome desktop with standard windows and menus.
I much prefer it to Windows of any flavor.

I have noticed that the Image Viewer app does an amazing job of interpolation. You can blow up images to 4000 percent and the algorithm smooths things out so you don't see pixelation even at that magnification. So if you want a real honest magnified view at great mags, where you see your actual pixels themselves blown up large, you should use a different viewer or a graphics program.
I don't think this happens at normal 100 percent mag, though, but I might be wrong. Perhaps the Image Viewer is correcting and masking any jpg artefacts in the jpg version of verpies schematic. I'll have to check in another program, I guess.

hoptoad

T.K. thanks for the info. Is it very involved to make Ubuntu 11.10 run gnome by default on start-up? Sorry everybody for the off topic question