Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Electron Reversing Device

Started by tinman, January 09, 2013, 06:49:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TinselKoala

Quote from: e2matrix on January 14, 2013, 04:37:12 PM
  Posted by 'tika' on EF and appears relevant about the Tesla bifilar pancake here: 
"Electrically, the coil can be seen as a parallel RLC circuit:

Code:
---------+--------+--------+
                   |                  |                  |
                   /                  S             ____
            R   \       L    S        _C__
                   /                  S                 |
                   |                  |                  |
---------+--------+--------+
Note that contrary to a series RLC circuit, this arrangement will show a peak in impedance at its resonance frequency. This is due to the dual relationship of electrical circuits, which causes the effects measured on voltages in series circuit to be measured in the currents of the corresponding parallel circuit.

In the series circuit, large voltages spikes can be measured across the coil and across the cap when the circuit is fed an AC voltage. Which means that
in the parallel circuit large currents spikes will exist in the LC loop. Large current in the coil will bring about a very strong magnetic field. This oscillatory current and its induced magnetic field will peak at the resonant frequency, where impedance is at its highest, and thus input power is at the lowest possible for the circuit. Free real power!

It is impossible to measure current inside a bifilar coil, as this is happening on the entire length of the spires. But there is no radiant energy or 4th dimension magical vortex here. Just down to earth great engineering, like all of Tesla's inventions.

Hope this will help understand better why we are seeing this excess power and how we can get even more out of it. I predict that will be at the resonant frequency for the coil."

Good stuff and bad stuff all mixed together in there. Reactive power is _not_ real power, not excess power, not "free real power". Voltage rise through standing wave resonance can be astounding, as any Tesla coiler knows, but is relatively meaningless, even if spectacular. But if the coil's resonant frequency is _also_ at the resonant frequency of some power source or storage in the environment, _maybe_ some of this external power can be entrained into the experimenter's circuit. This is the Holy Grail of sorts, and seems to be what Tesla believed was possible, using what we today would call low frequencies and high initiating voltages--- frequencies and voltages that require physically large apparatus and considerable expertise (to avoid killing oneself) and are thus out of reach of the typical experimenter we might encounter on these forums. Can you imagine harnessing the energy of a lightning bolt, on your workbench?
Lately I am starting to wonder if the opposite might be true, also or instead .... extremely high frequencies (THz), very low initial energies, tickling and teasing Nature instead of brute-forcing her to cooperate...... but unfortunately these realms are also out of reach of the average garage experimenter with ordinary equipment.

So now you know where my own particular "woo" beliefs are founded, and some of why I haunt these pages.

TinselKoala

Quote from: e2matrix on January 14, 2013, 02:03:30 PM
TK was using Ultraviolet LED's.  I'm not sure you can really track the brightness very well on those.   
I had built a 555 square wave gen a couple weeks ago that was hitting over 500 KHz.  I think they say 1 MHz is max but usually anything over 300 KHz is difficult to achieve.   There are a whole lot of circuits out there for the 555 but got mine from an old radio shack engineers book.

That is right about the UV LEDs and visual brightness impressions, no argument there from me.

Also right about the limitations of the 555 FGs, in whatever version of the 555 one wants to use. (But don't forget that you can use your low output 555 generator to trigger external power amplifiers made from mosfets or bipolar transistors to give whatever output power you need, as well as driving simple frequency doubler stages for higher frequencies.)

The oscilloscope and the function generator are the basic building blocks of any electronics lab setup, and do not need to be fancy digital kit at all, to be very useful. (Although some of the digital synthesised FGs that are available now for relatively little money are making me drool with desire and envy.) A basic 3 MHz FG that will be a lot more versatile and capable than any simple 555 timer circuit can be had, new, for under 200 dollars, and if you are willing to spend 4 or 5 hundred you can have real state-of-art kit for freqs under 20 MHz.

conradelektro

Thank you TinselKoala, I get it.

Once an electronics engineer told me that "measurment technique" is the most difficult area in his science. And whenever I try measurements in my experiments and when I see some crude OU claims I am reminded of that.

The claim in connection with tinman's circuit is not crude, it seems to be a subtle measurement problem. Electrodynamics is the high ground.

I recently bought this book about electrodynamics (it is supposed to be a standard book for electronics students in the German language)

http://www.amazon.com/Elektrodynamik-Einf%C3%BChrung-Experiment-Theorie-Springer-Lehrbuch/dp/3540214585/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1358202583&sr=8-3&keywords=Brandt+Dahmen

and it scares me. Them swinging things are not as simple as one thinks.

Greetings, Conrad

tinman

Quote from: poynt99 on January 14, 2013, 11:11:27 AM
Thanks for the coil values tinman.

I'll plug those into the sim when I get home tonight.

btw, how did you measure your coil capacitance of 50pF?
Hi poynt99
I measured the 50pF by simply placing my meter probes on either end of the coil-it read 49.47pF.
Maybe a meter error? as im not sure how a shorted coil could have any capacitance when idle.
Im guessing that would change when a pulsed current is sent through it.

Now the other thing i would like to know is a bit more on phase shift.
If we have a certain voltage over a set resistance,dose that not give us current value?
I ask because i find it hard to understand how you could have a voltage across a resistor if there is no current?
Also the frequency isnt realy that high in reguards to what we can obtain these days.

poynt99

Quote from: tinman on January 14, 2013, 05:47:38 PM
Hi poynt99
I measured the 50pF by simply placing my meter probes on either end of the coil-it read 49.47pF.
Maybe a meter error? as im not sure how a shorted coil could have any capacitance when idle.
Im guessing that would change when a pulsed current is sent through it.
This most likely didn't give you a correct measurement. You are right, you can not measure capacitance across a coil. My Tonghui TH2821A impedance meter shows a negative capacitance while trying to measure an inductor, and vice versa when trying to measure a capacitor on inductance. I think 1n-3nF is probably more in line with your coil's capacitance. But no problem, as the parallel cap value does not make much if any difference in my sim under the conditions I have. 4.22mH did not give as good results though as 150uH.

Now the other thing i would like to know is a bit more on phase shift.
If we have a certain voltage over a set resistance,dose that not give us current value?
I ask because i find it hard to understand how you could have a voltage across a resistor if there is no current?
Also the frequency isnt realy that high in reguards to what we can obtain these days.
Of course, if you can measure the voltage directly across the resistor, and the resistor is non-inductive, you will have its true current. Don't worry so much about the phase shift in this circuit, as I don't believe it is having that much effect on the results you are seeing actually.

Are you still puzzled why the LED's have more power than the other diodes? I have addressed that here:
http://www.overunity.com/13244/electron-reversing-device/msg350752/#msg350752

The inductor has helped "pull" energy from the FG/battery and is releasing most of that energy to the LED's.

Have you ever encountered the infamous capacitor to capacitor discharge (energy transfer) experiment? If done so through a wire or resistor, half of the energy is lost during the transfer. If done so through a large inductance of very high Q factor, the transfer of energy from the source cap to the charge cap can be done almost without any loss.

Your circuit is doing a similar thing because of the coil inductance. If you remove the coil, the current will be identical in the diodes and LED's. When you introduce the coil as you have, it receives some energy from the FG/battery, and passes it on to the LED's.

Now for fun, try a thought experiment; remove the coil. Now, which component, the diodes or LED's will be dissipating more power, or will they be the same? Why?
question everything, double check the facts, THEN decide your path...

Simple Cheap Low Power Oscillators V2.0
http://www.overunity.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=248
Towards Realizing the TPU V1.4: http://www.overunity.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=217
Capacitor Energy Transfer Experiments V1.0: http://www.overunity.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=209