Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Electron Reversing Device

Started by tinman, January 09, 2013, 06:49:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TinselKoala

Quote from: poynt99 on January 13, 2013, 09:14:16 PM
TK,

Did you remove the connection between the two coils to make your capacitance measurement with the meters?

You would then be measuring between two open-ended coils. I assume that is what tinman did.

In post #48, page before this one, I reported:
QuoteWhen I break the center tap and measure the two adjacent windings on the 685 uHy coil without them being connected together I get around 2 nF.
(Incidentally this coil will light an LED, _even with the center tap open_ , when it picks up the EM from another TB coil driven at the right freq range.

TinselKoala

Winding a bifilar pancake coil onto a CD-ROM blank that has been sprayed with 3M Super77 adhesive. The wires are coming off two spools and are gently wound and pressed into the adhesive as I go around, with a wooden popsickle stick.

TinselKoala

Quote from: Magluvin on January 13, 2013, 09:31:23 PM
I had strange effects measuring a spool bifi capacitance. Measuring capacitance between the coils(coils not connected electrically, open ends) like 11nanofarad, but when I connected the cap meter 'across' one coil, as if to measure resistance, it measured near 1uf. Either coil.

I was impressed with this amount of capacitance 'between' the coils. till I realized I was measuring across 1 coil.

Very strange.

Mags
Even stranger for me. If I select high ranges on my cap meters and measure across the total coil, connected at center tap, I can see _negative_  capacitance values on the meter.
There should be a buzzer "wwwoooonkkkk" that goes off when that happens, I think.
:o

Magluvin

Quote from: TinselKoala on January 13, 2013, 10:13:28 PM
Even stranger for me. If I select high ranges on my cap meters and measure across the total coil, connected at center tap, I can see _negative_  capacitance values on the meter.
There should be a buzzer "wwwoooonkkkk" that goes off when that happens, I think.
:o

Lol, they are strange puppies, thats for sure. I tried many things with different coils to try and find some standard to use when determining absolute values and, well, here we are. Many years after its invention, and still no bifi standard calculations.  Weird. Maybe Tesla wrote something up on it somewhere.

Mags

Magluvin

When I made my Lil Tc, it has a 2 turn primary. In essence, it is a 2 turn bifi coil. The adjacent windings will have 50v difference if 100v is across. Just an example.

So maybe the 2 turn could be the standard comparison when looking to define the parameters of coils of more turns.

Dunno yet. Just thinkin.

Mags