Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Tesla's "COIL FOR ELECTRO-MAGNETS".

Started by Farmhand, April 21, 2013, 09:00:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Farmhand

Wow, works well anyway, good enough to "strike" the 300 mm tube, meaning it lit up fairly bright then as I increased the tuning
the input current suddenly dropped and the light got good and bright. Still adjustable brightness.  :)

I couldn't get one of the coils into full resonance tonight at the fundamental frequency because I got a spark discharge on my
capacitor and maxed out the power supply current because it jumped into Tinsel Koala's "Supernova mode" where the setup
pulls itself very rapidly into full tune. Tuning down in capacitance and up in frequency Supernova comes on very quick, but tuning
up in capacitance from minimum and down from a higher frequency to resonance the Supernova comes on slower.
Then I decided to light up a tube and see what happened.  ;D

I made a mistake about the minimum size of the variable capacitors it must be 300 pF to 1300 pF, because I cant get the coils tuned
down in capacitance to get up to the 1260 kHz mark, 3 x primary frequency. But it does get some voltage and activity at 840 kHz.
Could it be the extra capacitance of the coils maybe, I measured 580 pF between open windings and each secondary has 120 uH
now with the coils in series connected mode.

I'll investigate the coil and capacitance thing tomorrow, when I work out how I will manage full voltage with no load.
Considering this setup has only 40 turns on each side and I only tuned and scoped one side and 8 primary turns the voltage rise
is pretty wild. Q factor should be fairly good.

Some pictures. Only the right hand secondary was tuned and used. First is the setup as it was when I took the top left shot.
Top left shot shows the voltage while driving the tube. top right input power.
Bottom left is the highest voltage I dared before it sucked itself into resonance. and right is the secondary at double frequency.

I think that's a 10 Watt tube, Says HV Cathode on it.  I've got an 18 Watt 3 foot tube which is what I would want to use x 2.
Itching to get some good measurements on the tank and load powers. Input was under 4 Watts once the tube was struck.

stupify12

Hello  :D

Asking for clarification on experts in building Tesla Coils.

How do you understand this title of Nikola Tesla "COIL FOR ELECTRO-MAGNETS"?
Should we used this Coil for our PRIMARY Electro-Magnets or Secondary Electro- Magnets?

Tesla always use this Coil on his Primary and Secondary..

What really happen if this Coil (Bifilar Configuration) neutralize the Self Induction(CEMF) in a coil while in operation?

Just asking for some clarification.

Meow   :D

Bob Smith

Quote from: stupify12 on August 22, 2014, 07:06:39 PM
What really happen if this Coil (Bifilar Configuration) neutralize the Self Induction(CEMF) in a coil while in operation?
Just asking for some clarification.
Meow   :D 
Hello Stupify!
This is the way I understand the series wound bifilar coil's activity. If we look at parallel-wound wires, there is repulsion between them due to like magnetic fields.  If the wires are wound in series bifilar fashion, the wires' opposite radial magnetic forces cause them to attract, and we know that this is what causes them to cancel one another's fields. So we in fact have a greater concentration of magnetic field between the turns at the same time as increased capacitance (as per Tesla's patent).  But think about the structure of the magnet that our friend Theoriaapophasis (Ken) has been talking about. The magnet interacts with the dielectric all around us, and the dielectricity terminates as magnetism. This means that with the increased magnetic field between turns, there is also increased interaction with the dielectric.  That is, there is greater opportunity for dielectric influx into your system. I think this is why you saw increased power draw from your apparatus in your post above.
Stay well, my feline friend!
Bob

synchro1

The similarity between Farmhand's schematic and the solid state "Synchro Coil" are strong. I called for two series bifilar pancake coil LC tanks, one on each end of a diametric tube magnet, and a third bifilar wound length wise. A 3-D spindle could slide this output coil over the tube magnet.

The big difference is, the power goes the other way! A tiny D.C  current tops off the spiral coil LC tanks in the magnet exciter coils. The oscillating sine wave in the pancake coils alone causes a fluctuation in the permanent magnet field that results in output through what would be the primary in Farmhand's design. There's no load on the spiral tank circuits in the "Synchro Coil" unlike Farmhand's backwards current version, where power in equals power out.

The magnet can be viewed as a reactive power transverter with no "Lenz Drag" from the secondary. The self oscillating frequency of the spiral exciter coil LC tanks has to match the resonant frequency of the permanent magnet which is around 180 khz. This is where the magnet should begin to "Ring" from the LC resonant sandwich.

jbignes5

Quote from: Farmhand on August 17, 2014, 10:59:37 AM
Wow, works well anyway, good enough to "strike" the 300 mm tube, meaning it lit up fairly bright then as I increased the tuning
the input current suddenly dropped and the light got good and bright. Still adjustable brightness.  :)

I couldn't get one of the coils into full resonance tonight at the fundamental frequency because I got a spark discharge on my
capacitor and maxed out the power supply current because it jumped into Tinsel Koala's "Supernova mode" where the setup
pulls itself very rapidly into full tune. Tuning down in capacitance and up in frequency Supernova comes on very quick, but tuning
up in capacitance from minimum and down from a higher frequency to resonance the Supernova comes on slower.
Then I decided to light up a tube and see what happened.  ;D

I made a mistake about the minimum size of the variable capacitors it must be 300 pF to 1300 pF, because I cant get the coils tuned
down in capacitance to get up to the 1260 kHz mark, 3 x primary frequency. But it does get some voltage and activity at 840 kHz.
Could it be the extra capacitance of the coils maybe, I measured 580 pF between open windings and each secondary has 120 uH
now with the coils in series connected mode.

I'll investigate the coil and capacitance thing tomorrow, when I work out how I will manage full voltage with no load.
Considering this setup has only 40 turns on each side and I only tuned and scoped one side and 8 primary turns the voltage rise
is pretty wild. Q factor should be fairly good.

Some pictures. Only the right hand secondary was tuned and used. First is the setup as it was when I took the top left shot.
Top left shot shows the voltage while driving the tube. top right input power.
Bottom left is the highest voltage I dared before it sucked itself into resonance. and right is the secondary at double frequency.

I think that's a 10 Watt tube, Says HV Cathode on it.  I've got an 18 Watt 3 foot tube which is what I would want to use x 2.
Itching to get some good measurements on the tank and load powers. Input was under 4 Watts once the tube was struck.

Try putting the coils and cap in a mineral oil bath. This will allow you to push the system further then you are being able to without breakdowns of the air. Also the wires carrying the high voltage energy should be statically shielded by using aluminum strips overlapped, no grounding, then covering that shielding with rubber cement remember to use this only where you don't want the energy to interact with the environment. Make sure the bands are within the frequency of the device, this will increase the capacity of the wires up to certain limits. Even this method will break down at a certain level so this will only be as good as you make it.

jbignes5