Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Tesla's "COIL FOR ELECTRO-MAGNETS".

Started by Farmhand, April 21, 2013, 09:00:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Farmhand

Quote from: sparks on August 31, 2014, 11:49:54 AM
  It appears to me that the capacitance developed between the adjacent conductors supplies the capacitance needed to match the inductance of the coil without introducing external capacitors.  Old radio transmitters and receivers had a huge problem with capacitors aging.  If the sets sat around for a long time inactive the dielectric coatings on the foils used would change and the capacitors would go far off range.   Circuits had to be utilized to strip and redeposit the dielectric.   Tesla developed the coil because of the problems with lumped components.  There are no buss losses either between inductor and capacitor.   I believe he used the coil as an oscillator.  The spark gap acts to introduce power into the oscillator.  The magnetically quenched spark gap is used just like the blowout coil on a dc circuit breaker.  As soon as current flows through the quenching coil it magnetically blows out the plasma in the gap before the supply capacitor dumps all it's charge.  The coil rings down until the electric field between electrodes in the gap causes the air to ionize into a plasma.   The electrolytic capacitors mentioned above used boron and water.  The electrolyte extends one of the plates electrically to the solid dielectric film of one plate.  There ions are attracted to the cathode and remain there after the voltage is removed from the capacitor.  This keeps the electrons in the cathode plate allowing for the storage of the potential applied.  So in a way the coil for electromagnets acts as a dynamic capacitor.   It stores the energy of each supply capacitor discharge in the oscillations of energy between magnetic field and electric field within the geometry of the coil.

Sparks, I agree with you and this has been my contention since i read the patent, the coil being called a [COIL FOR ELECTRO-
MAGNETS] only means that is what he called it. He makes clear claims in the patent. And the coils can be used according to the
patent for various reasons. I found that a bifilar wound then series connected coil for HF that has a reasonable amount of "built
in capacitance" requires less external capacitance and in my latest setups it has allowed me to achieve relatively low frequencies
with only a small external capacitance easily provided by a parallel plate air variable capacitor, this is good because those
capacitors don't wear out and are of course self healing being air dielectric.

You may have noticed that I spaced the pairs of conductors, I think that would cause the majority of the "built in capacitance"
to be between the individual conductors of the conductor pairs, but not between the pairs of conductors. Not that it would make
much difference. It's just a means to an end. I see no evidence that Tesla used these coils in his HF Transmission arrangements
though, all his patents and drawings from the Colorado Springs Notes show that he was trying to minimize the "built in
capacitance" of the HF transmitter arrangements due to the problem of it affecting the frequency and the output.

However one drawback of the "built in capacitance" is that as Tesla explains in the Colorado Springs Notes as the voltage
becomes very high then a lot of energy is "locked" up in that capacitance of the coils themselves.

Magnetically quenched spark gaps have about as much to do with this coil as an elevated capacitance has to an induction motor.  ;)

Bob Smith

Quote from: Farmhand on August 31, 2014, 12:36:58 PM
Bob, The coil for electromagnets or ( a bifilar wound then series connected coil) does not have "mutual cancellation of
magnetic fields between windings and accompanying minimization of current".

The windings are in addition configuration not cancelling, if the winding are connected to cancel each others magnetic fields then
the coil is connected oppositely to how it is connected in the patent, and if connected in cancelling mode the coils when
connected will read very close to zero inductance.

Coils connected in cancelling mode have no place in this thread. 
Just going by the patent you linked at the beginning of this thread, Farmhand.  It states that figure two is:
Quote2. A coil composed of contiguous or adjacent insulated conductors electrically connected in series and having a potential difference of such value as to give to the coil as a whole, a capacity sufficient to neutralize its self-induction, as set forth.
Bob

synchro1

@Bob,

These guys kill me! The canceling effect accompanies the condition of "Self Resonance". They get these mistaken ideas and bogus test results by running zero frequency D.C. current through the  "Tesla Pancake Bifilar Coil" like Conradelektro did in his series of "Super Scientific" coil comparison tests.

Capacity can only neutralize self-induction in the state of "Self Resonance".

They find that the "Bifilar Hairpin" connection measures zero inductance with D.C. current and conclude that Tesla made a mistake! This amounts to the height of preposterousness.

What kind of current does one single pulse induce in the "Tesla Series Bifilar"? That's all it takes to achieve bifilar self resonance. The solitary pulse induces an oscillating sine wave in the Tesla Series Bifilar that resonates at the coils self resonating frequency. The coils Ohmic resistance from "Reactive Impedance" cancels out in the state of self resonance. You need to charge the coil to get the cancellation!

The single pulse induces a resonating A.C. oscillating sine wave in the series bifilar coil! How can a straight zero frequency D.C. current make the coil oscillate? I failed to pound this amount of simple understanding into their thick skulls over a period of years. What a pack of Turkeys! How stupid can people get? It's hard for me to believe that Farmhand is such a simpleton!

Tesla's Pancake coil needs a charge followed by a "Magnetic Field Collapse" to self oscillate. The coil stores enough charge internally from the field collapse , to re-magnetize the field and sustain the oscillation. The Tesla Pancake  Coil needs to be actively oscillating before any of it's characteristics stand out.

sparks

I believe that he was planning on using this coil in his magnifying transmitter.  I also believe that the mt was to operate at the lowest possible frequency to reduce electromagnetic wave propogation and loss of energy from the transmitter.   The coil appears in his mt patents as the secondary (a') which is inductively coupled to the 2 turn primary.  Tesla was not trying to produce highfrequency highvoltage electromagnetic energy waves.  He was after megavolts of potential creating an electrical monopole in the extensive ground.  The voltage between the top terminal and the ground in the megavolts.   Any electric field emanating from the coil and connectors had to be uniform so as not to produce coronal losses from the system.  Despite these efforts during testing reports were made of a blue light emanating from the top terminal.  I believe that down in the ground tesla was creating an emitter.  The whole ground becoming negatively charged.  This would cause a flow of current in the ground away from the emitter.  Upon relaxation of the voltage the crammed up electrons would naturally disperse.  This would begin to create waves of charged particles oscillating in the ground at the tower resonant frequency.  Not low-frequency electro-magnetic waves but more like electrical compression waves.
Think Legacy
A spark gap is cold cold cold
Space is a hot hot liquid
Spread the Love

Farmhand

Your preaching to the choir about most everything except the bifilar wound series connected coils in the magnifying transmitter setups.

All I see is either regular spiral coils or regular solenoid coils.
Can you provide some evidence for the use of the [Coil for electro-magnets] in those patents.

Coil "A" the secondary is a simple single wound solenoid. Coil "C" the primary is also a simple single wound solenoid, and coil "B"
the extra coil is also a simple single wound solenoid. The extra coil appears to be shown wound oppositely to the other two coils
and I think that can be done to reduce or eliminate any coupling between secondary and extra coils, not sure if it's a drawing
oversight or just showing it can be done that way.
http://patentimages.storage.googleapis.com/pages/US1119732-0.png

Remember this [Coil For Electro-Magnets] Patent is not limited to spiral coils the patent clearly states that the patent can be
applied to all coil types.

He covers extensively in the Colorado Springs Notes why he needed to minimize the inherent capacitance in his transmitter coils.