Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Re: Bruce's TPU Theory and Experiments - understanding field lines

Started by MileHigh, August 25, 2013, 04:11:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

allcanadian

@Milehigh
QuoteWell the iron filings don't lie.

I used to think exactly the same thing and then I understood that the iron filings are effected by both the source magnetic field and each other through magnetic induction. Each individual iron filing is induced with it's own magnetic field then each iron filing parallel to one another repels and each above or below each other attracts each other. Thus it is easy to understand that the magnetized iron filings form lines not because there are lines of force but because each has become a magnet in itself. We can replace the iron filings with long slender cylinder magnets and no large external field and they form lines as well.

Think of it this way, would it be wise to measure the voltage on a conductor if all the voltmeters were not only effected by the voltage but also every other voltmeter. Well no, because all the readings would change every time we added or subtracted a voltmeter.

We cannot measure something accurately when the measuring tool (iron filing) is effected by both the external field and every other measuring tool. A hall effect probe does not have this defect and accurately measures the field at any given position.

I think it is very easy to understand and found it very surprising that so many people could be misled by by such simple effects.

AC
Knowledge without Use and Expression is a vain thing, bringing no good to its possessor, or to the race.

tinman

Quote from: allcanadian on August 27, 2013, 08:57:17 AM
@Milehigh

I used to think exactly the same thing and then I understood that the iron filings are effected by both the source magnetic field and each other through magnetic induction. Each individual iron filing is induced with it's own magnetic field then each iron filing parallel to one another repels and each above or below each other attracts each other. Thus it is easy to understand that the magnetized iron filings form lines not because there are lines of force but because each has become a magnet in itself. We can replace the iron filings with long slender cylinder magnets and no large external field and they form lines as well.

Think of it this way, would it be wise to measure the voltage on a conductor if all the voltmeters were not only effected by the voltage but also every other voltmeter. Well no, because all the readings would change every time we added or subtracted a voltmeter.

We cannot measure something accurately when the measuring tool (iron filing) is effected by both the external field and every other measuring tool. A hall effect probe does not have this defect and accurately measures the field at any given position.

I think it is very easy to understand and found it very surprising that so many people could be misled by by such simple effects.

AC
Well a steel ball between two like field's will be repelled,not attracted to the magnets,so it makes sence that the iron fileings would do the same.
But im with MH on this one-what pole's? or what do you refer to as the pole's?.
The term north pole and south pole were chosen because of the orientation of the magnetic field on earth,and ofcourse we have the north pole and the south pole.
So dose the north pole of the earth have a north magnetic field(as we are calling it)or is it a north attracting field(south field)?.Dose our compusses north needle point to a north field,or a south field?.
Well what we know as the north pole,is actualy magneticly south,and the south pole is magneticly north.

allcanadian

@All
Here is a picture to explain what is happening with our iron filings. In frame 1 we can see the basic forces at work, magnets on a vertical axis attract and magnets on a horizontal axis repel. Like poles repel and unlike poles attract, I say poles so everyone knows what I am talking about.

In frame 2 we see a permanent magnet which has induced a magnetic field in our gray iron filings or iron cores which is called "Magnetic Induction". Notice all the iron filings have been induced with a polarity opposite to the permanent magnet, this is because the permanent magnet is the predominant field which has induced each of the individual iron filings.

In frame 3 we see the forces pushing the filings apart on the horizontal axis which is also aligning them on the vertical axis. They are not aligning with some imaginary lines of force they are simply attracting and repelling from the other iron filings with their own induced magnetic fields. Here is an experiment, take two iron rods or bolts and align them parallel to one another on a table. Next move a permanent magnet near the rods from the top, What happens?, they move away from one another because the induced like poles at each end repel one another.

In frame 4 we see the iron filings have repelled from one another on any horizontal axis and attracted to one another on the vertical axis. On the vertical axis the like poles have moved towards one another -- Attraction. Each line of filings attracted to one another vertically also repels every other line of filings because we have like poles opposite one another like this.

Repulsion

N   N
S   S

Attraction

N
S

N
S

Again I must say that it is amazing that a process so fundamentally simple and taught in every high school textbook could lead to so much confusion. It is also important to understand that the fields and forces we know exist in 1" pieces of iron wire in a magnetic field do not magically cease to exist or contradict the laws of physics just because the wires get smaller such as iron filings. The laws of physics still apply it is just that they apply in a way we did not expect.

AC
Knowledge without Use and Expression is a vain thing, bringing no good to its possessor, or to the race.

Dave45