Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Re: Bruce's TPU Theory and Experiments - understanding field lines

Started by MileHigh, August 25, 2013, 04:11:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John.K1

MileHigh

Dave45:

The pattern you are seeing is a Moire pattern where the magnetic field from the magnet is interacting with the TV screen's electron beam and the aperture grill and the different coloured phosphor dots on the screen.  It is not showing any hex or other symmetry of the magnetic field.  The different colour patches mean nothing, they are just a Moire pattern.

John.K1:

That's not what the magnetic field looks like around a bar magnet.  The iron filings do not distort the magnetic field in any significant way.  You can't put a bunch of magnets together in some special arrangement to get a net field in a single direction.  The simple explanation and the simple diagrams that you have seen all your life are correct.

MileHigh

allcanadian

@Milehigh
QuoteThat's not what the magnetic field looks like around a bar magnet.  The iron filings do not distort the magnetic field in any significant way.

You never did respond to my post concerning this issue nor critique my illustrations and explanation in post #22. Can you find any errors in my logic?, it may not be common knowledge but it has been pretty much accepted that the iron filings pattern is misleading at best. It is basically an artifact from a time long ago when when dinosaurs roamed the Earth and scientists were frolicking in pools of mercury and asbestos thinking it was perfectly safe.
Times change Milehigh and as much as you and I may think we know it all I can assure you some little brat is going to make us look stupid. We are, that is a fact of life and you can cling to the past and pretend nothing can change or grow a set of balls and take it like a man. Evolution and progress is inevitable...

Now I gave you a valid and logical explanation for the pattern of iron filings with diagrams.... prove me wrong.

AC

Knowledge without Use and Expression is a vain thing, bringing no good to its possessor, or to the race.

MileHigh

http://van.physics.illinois.edu/qa/listing.php?id=418

QuoteQ: Why do iron filings line up in a magnetic field? would copper filing be equally satisfactory? why is it desirable to tap the glass plate? why is it desirable to use very few filings? what is the method for mapping a magnetic field by the use of a small compass?

QuoteA: Iron is one of the ferromagnetic elements. Each iron filing consists of numerous magnetic domains. It turns out these domains can lower their energy by lining up with their fields along the skinny direction of the filing. Then the filing as a whole is a bar magnet, kind of like a compass needle, which can lower its energy by lining up with an external field. The effect should be enhanced by a tendency of the filings to line up end-to-end, influenced by each others' fields. If the filings are sitting on a glass plate friction can be too strong to let them rotate. Tapping reduces the friction temporarily. If you use too many filings they more or less form a uniformly magnetic sheet, losing any tendency to line up end-to-end, and also making something too thick to visualize clearly.

A compass needle is just a good example of a magnet that will line up in a field. If you had a lot of little compasses, they would be like your iron filings. If you have just one compass, you can just move it around to map out the field.
Copper is very weakly paramagnetic, which means there is a tiny effect of the same sign as in iron. I strongly doubt that you will ever notice even the slightest tendency of copper filing to line up in a magnetic field.

allcanadian

I would imagine your quotes relate to the "Parrot effect", a parrot just keeps repeating what they have heard until they are taught something new. As you may know People can be like that and many people still cling to the past despite the fact that science has proven them wrong. Science does not advance because it is the truth science advances only when the truth can no longer be denied by those stuck in the past.

In any case the very premise of a measure is that it remains neutral and the iron filings experiment is equivalent to a measuring tape which changes it's length every time we go to measure something.
Knowledge without Use and Expression is a vain thing, bringing no good to its possessor, or to the race.