Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Toroidal Coils

Started by d3x0r, October 22, 2013, 06:56:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xee2

Quote from: d3x0r on October 29, 2013, 07:09:48 PM

Contracting the coil reduces inductance some, but increases the output voltage.

How are you measuring coil inductance?

d3x0r

Quote from: xee2 on October 29, 2013, 10:48:47 PM

How are you measuring coil inductance?

I have an inexpensive LC meter.  I also put the values into coil inductance caluculators based no dimensions.

d3x0r

Contracted coils can be inverted in the center; to form a somewhat sphereical cavity.  I have put a large round ligthbulb in this coil;  The red/green bifilar is the same size, and could accomadate the bulb.

I have learned that with a tight area, the small coil with LED can pick up a field.  At each of the tight intersectoins, but not in the center.  But I can put a conventionally wound toroid in the center, aligned horizontally the same and get an inducatance.

(you can sort of see the LED is lit, a glimmer in the camera flash... the toroid in the center is wound in electical tape and a few turns of red/green 12g wire....

The small pickup coil I was using picks up a field where it is tighly contracted at the top and bottom, but not in the center; which is what then led me to think that the field in the center is really more a conventional ferrite torroid... and I got 5V+/- on that toroid from a +/3 2.5V input on the outside ...

d3x0r

4Mhz Signals are magic.... :(

the video... 

attached schematics,

L3/L4 is the 12g coil (large, expanded)
L5/L6 is a toroidal coil in the center of the contracted center of L3/L4; L5 is 12 turns, L6 is 70 turns There is another winding that is unused on it that is also 70 turns.

The grounds are not the same ground; the ground common to the coils is to the plug in the wall;

the ground on the signal generator works as a ground for the LED load as well as the earth ground; but if they are together, the signal doesn't work right.   In the video, they all share a common aluminum heat sink, except the signal generator ground, which is loose and is not connected to anything.

L1/L2 is a small coil, about 24 turns; made of 2 lengths of about 8 feet of wire; after removing it and retuning slightly was able to get the same output to the LEDs with and without the L1/L2 coil; however, the ground and the signal are together...

Edit/ Had the signal output on the wrong side

d3x0r

I found some rubber plumbing washers that are slightly smaller than 1" ID and slightly more than 1" OD, I wound these with 12 turns of 4 filaments in the same direction; then connected the two pairs together so I have 2 filaments with 24 turns; all approximately 1"; my meter measures 0.25-0.26uH; coil inductance calculator for 24 turns at 1" and 1/8" tall (I would have guessed 1/4") is 25.2uH, (1/4 is 20.6uH).  Each resonates at 2.5Mhz or so, to the same level.  I did have a few times where I had a acoustic-beat waveform, but shifted their positions on ferrite cores (these are tubes through the center of the toroids) and removed the beat; which imroved balanced output.  But with each section, if I make a change to another section, rebalances what is the resonant frequency. 

I put them on some of the ferrite cores I have to provide a little tuning/balancing. 

Empirical information; I started with 1, and got it tuned so it would light its lights with and without a scope probe; when tuning with the scope attached, the frequency changes significantly enough to matter.  As I added more coils, I had my first coil lighting maybe 24LEDs in series; but then when the second one got added, I could light 12 on one and 12 on the other.  Then I added the 12V LED module, and after rebalancing could light 5-6 and 5-6 and the 12V module.  I finally added a 4th coil, attached to the bridge rectifier and a capacitor.  Original frequency started at 3.3Mhz or so, and ended up at 2.22Mhz.

So from all of these I should be able to calculate the maximum current the signal generator is generorating, but I won't.  The point is, power in = power out minus losses.

The geometry of the coil yields a solenoid of most collapsed dimensions.

The convergence of wires yields a n/s composite field at the 1-2 focus points.  These points should stimulate a solenoid coil.

If there are 2 focus points, the area in the center will stimulate a normal toroid coil (90 degrees from a solenoid)

Even if there were a vortex, without a continuous pulling motion to keep it stressed, it will collapse back to its negative state.

There seems to be no difference between 1 layer and 2 layers going in opposing directions.

Attached schematic is my latest test setup; I won't bore you with videos, it would just confuse the situation with my rats nest wiring.  (I started with both grounds connected, so there is a connection between these two ground points.

----
For a while in the beginning, I had another coil also with approx 24 turns, slightly larger, which had a stray lead attached, and was picking up enough energy to resonate; the capacitance from my body field would adjust the frequency enough to shift from the first coil to this coil powering very reliably; probably very theramin-like.

----

I did have certain wiring directions where the scope was picking up a DC bias of 6V or so... and measuring between the test point and ground with a DC meter confirmed that there was a DC bias; but it was floating and not grounded, however, that did bring me back to thinking about making a area that was a positive potential, but worked relative to itself, which would thereby generate a current from ground through a filtering load and to the circuit....

Oh and one more thing, if you do have someone on a swing that weighs 150 pounds (68Kg whatever), and push them with 1/8 of their weight, you will increase the height of their swing (okay substitute something for someone, so it's not alive or animated).  If near the top of their swing you put a board attached to some other lever system, when the swining object hits the board at the top, it will lose part of its energy; it will remain in resonance itself until the friction on the chain/air slows it to a stop (a much lower ressitance than is experienced by signals in electronics); but anyway, you can only steal a fraction of the power of the resonance, or it will stop entirely; and if your input in insufficient to keep the difference active... then the swing wont go high enough to trigger the load properly)