Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Lenzless resonant transformer

Started by Jack Noskills, January 17, 2014, 04:58:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

itsu

Quote...and anything below the X-axis means, that the DUT is returning energy to the signal generator.

like negative resistance, a negistor?

Or do we have here a severe case of reactive power versus real power?
Guess that the returning energy never will be more then half of the total energy

Thanks,  regards itsu

verpies

Quote from: itsu on February 28, 2014, 10:57:48 AM
like negative resistance, a negistor?
No, no ...more like a charged capacitor discharging itself back into the signal generator.
Inductors can do it, too.

Magluvin

Quote from: verpies on February 28, 2014, 08:49:29 AM
If this large 3rd coil was physically rotated 90ยบ so it would be encompassing both the primary and the secondary windings, then you would be able to detect the induction caused by the leakage flux spilling out of the core.  The more current flows in secondary, the more voltage is induced in this 3rd winding. 
It is just a neat trick to detect how much flux leaks out of a transformer's core.  It has a large educational value.

P.S.
As always, the even number of layers of back&forth winding rule designed for pitch-current nullification, applies to all windings.

I think a better way to measure the field leakage of a toroid core in operation would be to us a coil that I added to the pic you posted above.  It should not be in direct physical contact with the toroid windings or core.   

Mags

dieter

So, Verpies, let me get this straight, the scope shot says "OU"?

verpies

Quote from: Magluvin on February 28, 2014, 07:34:04 PM
I think a better way to measure the field leakage of a toroid core in operation would be to us a coil that I added to the pic you posted above.  It should not be in direct physical contact with the toroid windings or core.   
Yes, this will work. too and it will avoid capacitive coupling.

Alternatively, such leakage detecting coil can be placed inside the toroid's hole (please make a pic of that configuration, too, for completeness and for the future).