Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Water fogger

Started by Duranza, August 21, 2006, 12:53:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ResinRat2

Dingus Mungus,

This is how it looks to me.

During electrolysis the amount of energy which must be supplied by the battery is actually a change in the Gibbs free energy. This is dependant on the change in enthalpy minus change in entropy dependant on temperature. Since the temperature is provided by the environment, an increase in temperature would mean that less battery energy would need to be consumed to split the water molecule. So the watts of energy needed from the battery to split a given amount of water would decrease.

By fogging the water you are breaking it into very tiny droplets that are light enough to be suspended in air. The energy needed to fog the water does not mean the water is at boiling temperature while fogged. As anyone who has walked through fog can attest, it is not at boiling temperatures, though it may be elevated immediately after fogging, but would probably cool quickly. This probably has little or no effect on the temperature portion of the Gibbs free energy equation. The energy needed is the same, but by fogging you are putting air between the droplets, which can act as an insulator and reduce the electrical energy transfer. This would also mean less water contacts the electrodes per unit of time. This would reduce your output of HHO gas per unit of time.

This is how it looks to me, but I am the first to admit that I can be wrong. Again it is an opinion. What do you think?
Research is the only place in a company where you can continually have failures and still keep your job.

I knew immediately that was where I belonged.

Dingus Mungus

Sweet, thanks for all the great info!  ;D

Dingus Mungus

Another quick question about 'gibbs free energy' info...
Would pressure also contribute energy like heat does?
(I assume yes)
Are there any other forces that can actively contribute
energy to electrolysis? I'm going to go do some google
searches and read up, but it sounds like you've looked
in to this FE angle before. Also have you ever looked at
"hydrosonic pump" overunity boilers and water heaters?

ResinRat2

Dingus Mingus,

Try with this link for a start:  http://www.overunity.com/index.php/topic,1311.msg10529.html#msg10529

Does pressure contribute to the electrolysis energy? Well, think about it for a few seconds. If you are trying to draw off the H2 and O2 gas then would a positive or negative pressure help to push the equilibrium in the desired direction? Putting a positive pressure would inhibit the gas evolution. A negative pressure would help draw off the gas produced, thus helping the electrolysis; but then how would you create the vacuum?

This is a subject with many different ideas and directions. Who can say there is any one correct answer? Just look at all the people trying different hydrolysis techniques. Different electrolyzers, acids, bases, voltages, apparatus variations. That's what's such a challange.

Have fun at it and open your mind to ideas

Look at this patent too. Here is a technique that doesn't even need a power input to product H2 and O2 gas.

http://www.overunity.com/index.php/topic,518.0.html
Research is the only place in a company where you can continually have failures and still keep your job.

I knew immediately that was where I belonged.

bossangel

Hi All! First time post here.

I did read somewhere (and double checked it elsewhere) that it takes about 1/10 the amount of energy to accomplish electrolysis of steam versus electrolysis of water. So the exercize is to create steam efficiently enough that your power consumption comes in somewhere under the remaining 9/10's of power you are trying not to use.

I actually researched this as I think the challenge is trying to produce hydrogen quickly with efficiency not necessarily being the goal.

boss