Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

800w 400 rpm 60 hz 120v permanent generator

Started by TommeyLReed, February 19, 2014, 07:18:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TommeyLReed

I agree Mark, but this does look like a system that could be a off the grid. I got the engine on order and also other parts.

mscoffman

Tommy,

One thing you are going to need is a voltmeter hooked to the microcontroller
to measure the battery voltage state of charge. This is important to know when to start
charging and when to stop charging. Also if the inverter gives up when the battery state of charge
voltage falls to it's low trip point, there may need to be a relay to cycle the inverter to reset that
condition. This is because even though the generator is running it, probably cannot support
the whole 5KW load of the inverter worst case. Those they say are the keys to long
battery life. Stop charging when the batteries are full (they go into electrolysis) Never
let the voltage fall below 80% discharged voltage point (like 10.xxVDC). Don't leave the
batteries in low state of charge for any amount of time unecessarily. Also they say that the generator should not
output more than 2X the rated voltage of the battery bank. This could be adjusted at the transformer.

It would also be nice to know how much power the inverter is using so the microcontroller could
use some heuristics to know how much energy needs to be replaced as a block.

I like the concept of using something other than voltage state of charge to know when
the batteries are full. I would feel comfortable using audio accoustics to detect the onset
of electrolysis using a stethescope input to a processor. Another might be the heating
of the hydrogen recombine catalyst area but that would depend on the AGM battery design.

:S:MarkSCoffman

TommeyLReed

I agree with just about everything you said, having built a EV in the past the batteries is best when using only 20% of stored energy. In fact I plan to use a 48v inverter system, this will draw less amps per battery. I also like to add that programing micro controllers you would need rpm readings and amps reading to control start up and load control. 

This is another test of a true sine wave on the experimental 18 pole 400 rpm generator.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8Mk3rA-2SE

Tom.

MarkE

Quote from: mscoffman on February 21, 2014, 06:51:45 PM
Tommy,

One thing you are going to need is a voltmeter hooked to the microcontroller
to measure the battery voltage state of charge. This is important to know when to start
charging and when to stop charging. Also if the inverter gives up when the battery state of charge
voltage falls to it's low trip point, there may need to be a relay to cycle the inverter to reset that
condition. This is because even though the generator is running it, probably cannot support
the whole 5KW load of the inverter worst case. Those they say are the keys to long
battery life. Stop charging when the batteries are full (they go into electrolysis) Never
let the voltage fall below 80% discharged voltage point (like 10.xxVDC). Don't leave the
batteries in low state of charge for any amount of time unecessarily. Also they say that the generator should not
output more than 2X the rated voltage of the battery bank. This could be adjusted at the transformer.

It would also be nice to know how much power the inverter is using so the microcontroller could
use some heuristics to know how much energy needs to be replaced as a block.

I like the concept of using something other than voltage state of charge to know when
the batteries are full. I would feel comfortable using audio accoustics to detect the onset
of electrolysis using a stethescope input to a processor. Another might be the heating
of the hydrogen recombine catalyst area but that would depend on the AGM battery design.

:S:MarkSCoffman
That's the function of a charge controller.  They are widely available and relatively inexpensive.  Lead acid batteries are pretty forgiving of even crude charge controllers.

TinselKoala

QuoteThis is another test of a true sine wave on the experimental 18 pole 400 rpm generator.

So where's the "true sine wave" then?