Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Silly question about voltage and current

Started by dieter, February 24, 2014, 02:05:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TinselKoala

I have, it's an open circuit. Sometimes the belt can become slightly conductive after long running, from carbonizing the  materials, or from moisture adsorption. Then, if the test voltage is high enough, like from a "hi-pot" tester, you may be able to measure some finite conductance. But since most VDGs don't make physical contact from the pickup combs to the belt, you need the HV test even to see this small conductance. An ordinary DMM will read infinite resistance, or zero conductance.

QuoteDo you mean, for instance can one connect a (high amperage availability), 12 volt lead acid battery in series
with a (high voltage source) Vandegraff generator and get giant power ?

That's a good question. I don't know if the VDG, running, will allow the complete circuit from the 12 volt battery. I'd do the experiment instantly, but I don't have my VDGs available at the moment. Giant power? No, the most you could get would be the power from the VDG plus the power from the 12 volt battery. You will get (Vvdg x Avdg) + (Vbatt x Abatt) = Ptotal.  I really don't think you will get (Vtotal x Atotal) = Ptotal.

Cadman

@dieter
QuoteI have a question: Do the voltage and the current for a cetrain load have to come from the same source?

Or could I, example given, use two independent sources like photopholtaic and wind or whatever, then go out of phase with each one by -90 resp. +90 degrees with a cap and a coil, then ac- sync this so in none of them is actally both (v+a) present, then simply but these together , maybe trough some diodes, to get a complete, working source of V+A ?

I have wondered much the same. What would happen if you were to pulse a transformer primary with high current DC and smack that in the rear with an immediate pulse of HV AC, in effect giving it a single duration pulse?

Can't combine AC & DC together? Try telling that to this guy.
http://www.energeticforum.com/renewable-energy/14116-plasma-rocket-engine.html#post241432

That whole thread is an interesting read.

TinselKoala

QuoteCan't combine AC & DC together?

Just who said that, please? But first... how do you define AC, and how DC?

Since AC involves current reversals, and DC does not..... well, I think you can see where this is going.

dieter

I was just asking because several projects mentioned it, eg. current from the ground an voltage from the sky, wasn't that tariel guy doing something like that? And it was mentioned in that 4 mb FE collection pdf from this other russian guy.

If we compare electricity to a river, voltage be the speed of flow, curtent the size, it would be absurd to say it flows down that hill overthere but it has never been there.

MileHigh

Dieter:

QuoteIf we compare electricity to a river, voltage be the speed of flow, curtent the size, it would be absurd to say it flows down that hill overthere but it has never been there.

Sorry, but you are not even close.  The difference in height of the river from some starting point A to some ending point B would be like the voltage.  Voltage = height.   The amount of water flow in cubic meters per second would be be like the current.  The physical river itself would be like a large resistor.

MileHigh