Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Silly question about voltage and current

Started by dieter, February 24, 2014, 02:05:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Farmhand

I know if I were switching a coil to turn it on and off which waveform I would prefer to see.

Look at all that current in the snubbed to supply shot, maybe I should do a Rosemary and claim OU on that. Circulating continuous current. hehehehe.

It's a heater !  ;)

P.S. The previous test I tried this on had a charging circuit which allowed me to make a bad probe placement which simply did not read the current through the diode back to the supply rail. Operator error. Thanks to Milehigh I know see what I think is a real result and it still back up my dislike of the practice of coil snubbing to the supply. So I am happy in two ways. I realized a mistaken result and also keep my dislike of coil snubbing for a good reason.

My apologies MilHigh, and Thanks.  :)

forest

Now, please FOCUS, this is very simple question : if electrons movement is the reason for electric current then why it require CLOSED CIRCUIT ? Take a charged electrolytic capacitor with HUGE energy stored (like those big ones used for power factor correction) , connect negative terminal to some place having less electrons like maybe other capacitor positive terminal), then measure how much electrons moved to that empty place by simple voltmeter. I think you would find nothing changed, capacitor still charged ,energy still there, electrons won't move easily...

Waiting for your comments

MarkE

Quote from: forest on March 01, 2014, 04:46:33 AM
Now, please FOCUS, this is very simple question : if electrons movement is the reason for electric current then why it require CLOSED CIRCUIT ? Take a charged electrolytic capacitor with HUGE energy stored (like those big ones used for power factor correction) , connect negative terminal to some place having less electrons like maybe other capacitor positive terminal), then measure how much electrons moved to that empty place by simple voltmeter. I think you would find nothing changed, capacitor still charged ,energy still there, electrons won't move easily...

Waiting for your comments
If you do not apply a potential across something, why do you expect charge to move?

Dave45

Quote from: TinselKoala on February 28, 2014, 09:32:29 PM
Very funny Dave. If I were to use a cartoon to describe your viewpoint, the head would be stuck up a different hole.
Im sorry the sarcasm was rude, just take a little time study electron flow, the direction it moves through a diode, the bemf and the direction it moves through a diode.
You will realize the bemf has an opposite polarity, this imply's that a neg pulsed coil will have a pos return and a pos pulsed coil will have a neg return.
Study ionization, the plarity of the electrodes, the ion clouds formed around the electrodes, how that relates to a pos and neg pulsed coil.

Alternating current is more that it imply's, a coil pulsed with alternating current receives a pos and neg pulse.
Check out static neutralizers and you will see how your neutralizing any extra energy you may be drawing from the ambient by powering a transformer with both legs.
Split the pos and neg so they cant neutralize each other.

MarkE

Quote from: Dave45 on March 01, 2014, 06:14:10 AM
Im sorry the sarcasm was rude, just take a little time study electron flow, the direction it moves through a diode, the bemf and the direction it moves through a diode.
You will realize the bemf has an opposite polarity, this imply's that a neg pulsed coil will have a pos return and a pos pulsed coil will have a neg return.
Study ionization, the plarity of the electrodes, the ion clouds formed around the electrodes, how that relates to a pos and neg pulsed coil.

Alternating current is more that it imply's, a coil pulsed with alternating current receives a pos and neg pulse.
Check out static neutralizers and you will see how your neutralizing any extra energy you may be drawing from the ambient by powering a transformer with both legs.
Split the pos and neg so they cant neutralize each other.
Dave why don't you study up on things like solenoid drivers?  Low-side only, high-side only, and "X" drivers have been in the market for decades.  Variants of single sided drives using bi-voltage, single sided diode clamps, zener clamps, and simultaneous two switch switching are old hat.  If you are listening to music on any kind of computer, or portable device, the Class D amplifier that is driving your speakers or headset is switching the output up to 1 million times per second.  Class D amplfiers do not pull energy out of the ambient environment.  Engineers carefully design the PCB layout and EMI filtering so that they do not emit excessive RF into the environment.