Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

The Bessler Wheel, mystery solved.

Started by gurangax, April 24, 2014, 02:40:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dusty

I tried to replicate Gurangax's idea of the Bessler wheel.  Didn't work.  I'm open for any input to make it work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0-WHDsGNjE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4VjYddOL4w

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBAGelJkBZ0

Dusty

AquariuZ

Quote from: Airstriker on June 09, 2014, 08:12:43 AM

Could you make a movie of two of your working model 2d sheets and put it on youtube? Thanks in advance.

I can't for now sorry.  Maybe someone else can do that?

Trying hard to make a decent model, but WM is pissing me off.

It just cannot handle complex polygons....

AquariuZ

Quote from: mondrasek on June 09, 2014, 08:54:19 AM
AZ, your sim shows the 9kg Crossbar gaining 58.726J.  The 3kg Pendulum is loosing 79.835J.  So the system looses a total of 21.109J.  That means that the Center of Gravity of the entire system is becoming lower.  IE, Energy is lost by this action, not gained/created.

Please explain how you calculate a 21J loss.

How can the center of gravity lower when the center of mass rises? And what about the GPE values. Massive potential in the large weight versus the pendulums.

Thanks

mondrasek

Quote from: AquariuZ on June 09, 2014, 12:17:37 PM
Please explain how you calculate a 21J loss.
Try this out:  Start and stop the sim.  Then reset.  Your GPE values for the Crossbar and Pendulum are should now read -263.689J and -35.424J respectively.  These are the values that WM2D is calculating they have based on their mass and position in the Y plane relative to an absolute zero.  You drew these objects with their individual Centers of Gravity below the Y axis zero line, so the values are negative.

We could compare these initial starting numbers to the ending numbers after the sim is run to see how much GPE each gains or looses.  But I prefer to do it a bit differently.  I like to modify the equations for the GPE measurement boxes to effectively "zero" them.  It is like calibrating the sim so that those measurements start at, or near, a zero value.  To do that I ADD 263.689 to the equation for the GPE of the Crossbar, and ADD 35.424 to the equation for the GPE of the Pendulum.  Now if you start, stop, and reset the sim you will see that the starting GPE values are very small.  You can increase the precision of the sim and get more significant digits to zero it even further if you like.

Once the sim is zeroed in this way you can see the exact numbers I reported after it runs and stops on it's own.

Quote from: AquariuZ on June 09, 2014, 12:17:37 PM
How can the center of gravity lower when the center of mass rises? And what about the GPE values. Massive potential in the large weight versus the pendulums.

The Center of Gravity (same as Center of Mass) of the Pendulum is falling much, much further than the Center of Gravity of the Crossbar is rising.  The result sum of the SYSTEM of the two is an overall lowering of the CoG.