Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

The Holographic Universe and Pi = 4 in Kinematics!

Started by gravityblock, May 06, 2014, 07:16:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarkE

Quote from: verpies on May 19, 2014, 03:02:35 AM
http://theory.uwinnipeg.ca/physics/circ/node6.html

That theory page does not show rigorously that when "the direction of the centripetal acceleration is inwards along the radius vector"  then circular motion is produced - it just asserts it, like you.

The question how can V(t1) be smaller than the tangential velocity VT(t0) if the force acting on it was always perpendicular between t0 and t1, still stands unanswered.
http://dev.physicslab.org/Document.aspx?doctype=3&filename=CircularMotion_CentripetalAcceleration.xml

verpies

Quote from: MarkE on May 19, 2014, 04:11:29 AM
LOL, you can enjoy yourself misstating what I have said if that pleases you. 
It does not please me to misstate you, but drawing conclusions from your statements and synthesizing a larger statement from several of your statements is not a misstatement. It is an acceptable way of conducting conversation.  If I make an error along the way I expect you to point it out.

Quote from: MarkE on May 19, 2014, 04:11:29 AM
Gravityblock's method does not reproduce the path of travel along the circumference.  ...

The shortest path between two points is only orthogonal line segments when one of those segments is zero length.  The distance following a Manhattan route between vertices on the circumference is therefore always greater than the straight line distance between the same vertices.
This is the same as stating that at the limit the chord approaches the curve/arc.
BTW: Note that this is a condensation and interpretation of your words and your animation - a valid debating technique, not a misstatement.

And you would be correct if all of the points on the curve/circle had the same time coordinates - like in an abstract geometric circle.
But neither Gravityblock not I are analyzing abstract circles.  We are analyzing real circles made by real physical processes where the points on the circle do not have the same temporal coordinates.
In such real circles, the chord does not approach the curve and this very issue is the subject of this paper.

You are welcome to prove your assertion that at the limit the chord approaches the curve/arcs created by real physical processes.

MarkE

Quote from: verpies on May 19, 2014, 04:55:31 AM
It does not please me to misstate you, but drawing conclusions from your statements and synthesizing a larger statement from several of your statements is not a misstatement. It is an acceptable way of conducting conversation.  If I make an error along the way I expect you to point it out.
LOL, no that's called making things up.  If you can't win the point, just build a man of straw to slay.

This is the same as stating that at the limit the chord approaches the curve/arc.
BTW: Note that this is a condensation and interpretation of your words and your animation - a valid debating technique, not a misstatement.

And you would be correct if all of the points on the curve/circle had the same time coordinates - like in an abstract geometric circle.
Plane geometry does not involve time.

But neither Gravityblock not I are analyzing abstract circles.  We are analyzing real circles made by real physical processes where the points on the circle do not have the same temporal coordinates.
Here we go:  A special pleading to "circles" that are not "circles" except when you two want them to be circles.  Yet they fail tests for basic properties of circles.
In such real circles, the chord does not approach the curve and this very issue is the subject of this paper.
Neither you nor Gravityblock have established that your special "circles" are in fact circles.

You are welcome to prove your assertion that at the limit the chord approaches the curve/arcs created by real physical processes.
LOL, now you don't believe first semester calculus.  You are free at any time to as you say use actual facts to argue your specious and silly case.

verpies

Quote from: MarkE on May 19, 2014, 05:11:44 AM
Plane geometry does not involve time.
But we are not discussing abstract timeless plane geometry.  You are assertions about Pi are correct in abstract time geometry.
We are not discussing abstract geometry, we are discussing real physical problems from the start. 

Quote from: MarkE on May 19, 2014, 04:19:35 AM
http://dev.physicslab.org/Document.aspx?doctype=3&filename=CircularMotion_CentripetalAcceleration.xml
This link you posted refers to an article describing a physical circle, created by real forces acting on a real mass.  There is no avoiding the time variables in this one.

That article states:
"Note that in both cases, Δv points to the center of the circle reflecting that the acceleration is also directed towards the center of the circle"
..but it is just an empty assertion. 

That article does not prove that the acceleration vector and force that causes the circle lays on a line that passes through the center of the circle.
That article correctly subtracts two tangent velocity vectors.  On my diagram that is VT(t0) - VT(t1) but it fails to prove that the result of this subtraction lays on a line that passes through the center of the circle.
What proof did you or that article give that the acceleration/force vector lays on such line?  What proof did you or that article give that the acceleration/force vectors do not lay on the dashed lines depicted on the diagram below that does not pass through the center ?

gravityblock

Quote from: MarkE on May 18, 2014, 11:25:54 PM
Each one of your jaunts along two edges of the approximating squares travels along one segment towards the perimeter and one away from it.  Dividing into a larger quantity of smaller squares does not change the path length.  It does not make the path a better approximation of the circumference.

MarkE,

The plot of a convergent sequence {an} is shown in blue in the illustration below. Visually we can see the sequence is converging to the limit 0 as n increases.  Similarly, we can visually see the exponentially larger quantity of smaller squares in each successive squaring method is converging while the path length does not change.

Gravock
Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, and expecting a different result.

God will confuse the wise with the simplest things of this world.  He will catch the wise in their own craftiness.