Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

KARPEN PILE

Started by Philip Hardcastle, May 22, 2014, 10:41:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

profitis

We can take this from a strictly overpotential difference point of view without causing too much of a stir mr pomodoro.I'm going to refrain from blowing the anti-2lot horn from now on and be strictly going by the textbook.

pomodoro

Guess I'll have to try Hg as well then?

profitis

You know it (-: ...try Hg/Ag amalg

profitis

@sarkeizen.gona make your dreams come true,by the textbook.

pomodoro

Ok, started to dig around to see what I've got.  So far I have a few shiny Pt electrodes,( platenized Pt electrodes I had are misplaced but if I cant find them  in a day or two I can break a specially constructed conductivity cell  to get new ones), pure silver electrode, new glassy carbon electrode, plenty of Hg, Gold ~200mg  which I precicipated from a weak cyanide solution with dithionite.  I'm hoping to make it into a plating solution, otherwise will need to buy some 24k gold and make an electrode out of it.  I've got some palladium chloride but in solution.  I've got UHP hydrogen, Ar and oxygen. 
Since the gold will take a while to sort out, I'll probably start on the Pt/Ag.  He are a few questions to save me some work and prove your concept quicky  mr profitus.

Note, electrodes are flat, about 1cmx1cm , water is milliQ quality, deoxygenated. Room temp approx 25C. Ag will be pre treated as you described, Pt trated in strong Hcl,  then both will be made cathodes in a separate alkaline solution to reduce any surface oxides

1.What conc. KOH or NaOH is preferable.
2.What distance between electrodes?
3.If I use the shiny Pt, will it work and what pre-treatment is  needed.
4.Any stirring or keep static.
5.If I saturate liquid with H2 , leave just a few mL of H2 gas above surface and seal it then connect it to a galvanometer , do you expect it to provide a constant current? 
6.How long would the current last?
7.Do you expect any dissolution of the silver?
8. Do you expect any silver oxide?
9.Do you expect the hydrogen to be consumed?